Can you describe what the words "Dallas Cowboys" mean to you?

kskboys

Reaction score
Boo! While that may be true, if that’s what the Dallas Cowboys “mean to you”, as OP asked, you probably ought to find something better to do on Sundays.

Dallas Cowboys, those words always bring me great joy. It reminds me of watching football with my dad, now watching with my wife and girls, making blueberry pancakes on game days and getting a chant going pregame with the kids.

It means all the great players who wore the uniform and all the great plays they made for us over the years; the Staubach/Pearson Hail Mary, Aikman’s bomb to Rocket Ismail to beat Washington in overtime, Romo’s scramble for a first down after the ball was snapped over his head.

Seriously, if none of those things resonate for you, why are you hanging out on a Cowboys’ forum anyway?

:confused:
Memories and loyalty is what keeps me watching. Jerry has driven my emotion out of me for the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I started at 7 years old. Back in the 70's in North Carolina we only got to watch the Red Skins .....sorry, "The Football Team" every Sunday. On Fridays at my father's work, guys would wear the Hog noses and silly garb. One week he bet his whole pay check on the Cowboys and at the time we could ill afford it.

Well, Dallas won and I have been a fan for 46 years now. I even have a star on my right shoulder. I'm hooked for life.

So, i say HI i'm MWH1967 and i'm a Cowboysholic. Good ,bad or indifferent.

What say you?

Self entitled heartbreak

cern

Reaction score
dallas is the city where they originated. cowboys alludes to the old west. trick question?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It means all the great players who wore the uniform and all the great plays they made for us over the years; the Staubach/Pearson Hail Mary, Aikman’s bomb to Rocket Ismail to beat Washington in overtime, Romo’s scramble for a first down after the ball was snapped over his head.
This, I believe, is essentially true for some fans. There are different varying perspectives but there are two distinct ones:

• Football (or sports in general really) is only moment-to-moment enjoyment and disappointment
  • Football is a lifetime rollercoaster of unfettered devotion encompassing every game, draft, training camp, etc.
One thing is certain. There are many different takes on the Dallas Cowboys. Perhaps that is a good thing even if it is frustrating to read or hear the differences. Diversity makes life interesting, after all.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I consider myself a young fan. Never seen them playing for a championship or winning one. However the word means to me, "best franchise ever".

Maybe im a blind fan, but I really love the franchise.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the only reason i watch them now is because of the memories used to be that they were really good and were run like a nfl football operation making deep playoff runs was a common thing now if they make the playoffs there is a parade and if they win a game its its over the top as one fan said they are now just a football team nothing more nothing less its sad really

Praxit

Reaction score
.....6th grade 1980. My buddy came to school everyday with either a Dallas hat, jacket, beanie or cowboy pencil. Since I didnt have a team, he gave me few Dallas Cowboy pencils. Been a fan since. ;)..

PS.. found out he passed away few years ago. :(

JayFord

Reaction score
What is used to mean? - Fun and exciting.....would hurt me to my core to miss a game I had an absolute blast watching them from 91-2007 regardless of a win or loss

what is means now? - the only reason sports journalists have a job....wanna make big bucks? Crap on the cowboys

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I started at 7 years old. Back in the 70's in North Carolina we only got to watch the Red Skins .....sorry, "The Football Team" every Sunday. On Fridays at my father's work, guys would wear the Hog noses and silly garb. One week he bet his whole pay check on the Cowboys and at the time we could ill afford it.

Well, Dallas won and I have been a fan for 46 years now. I even have a star on my right shoulder. I'm hooked for life.

So, i say HI i'm MWH1967 and i'm a Cowboysholic. Good ,bad or indifferent.

What say you?
:laugh:

I say tattoo removal is a painfull and expensive process.

Your alternative is to add a few more little planets around it.

When people ask you "what is that?"

You can say "It is where I come from...

the 6th Galaxy in the Horse Head Nebula, in the constellation Orion, of course."

Then they will switch the subject.

:oops:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1984813774f5957a2f32a6c309dda6b7.png

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys won anything of merit, I was in kindergarten, so to me it's just a team that I love so much that continually lets me down.

Watching the 49ers completely rebuild in 3 years and compete for a Super Bowl last year was tough to watch. We are treading in a quarter century of mediocrity.