Can you really blame Jerry and Bill?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This really is a weak FA class and the type of money being thrown around is mind blowing. There has not been a single signing where I thought we missed the boat. Randle El, Hutchinson, Chaveous and Bentley are all guys I would have loved to sign but not at the numbers they are getting. It's insane!

If we stick to our guns fill needs with young developing players, draft wisely and land T.O this team will be in prime position to dive into a deeper FA group next year with out having to play the cap game.

I like the approach were taking and I think next year when we have 30-40 mil to spend for our new coach you will to.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i won't care about not being so aggressive as long as we sign Vinatieri and T.O

daab23

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
This really is a weak FA class and the type of money being thrown around is mind blowing. There has not been a single signing where I though we missed the boat. Randle El, Hutchinson, Bentley, Chaveous and Bentley are all guys I would have loved to sign but not ath the numbers they are getting. It's insane!

If we stick to our guns fill needs with young developing players, draft wisely and land T.O this team will be in prime position to dive into a deeper FA group next year with out having to play the cap game.

I like the approach were taking and I think next year when we have 30-40 mil to spend for our new coach you will to.
Minus the TO reference, a very good post.

:bow:

SDogo

Reaction score
daab23 said:
Minus the TO reference, a very good post.

:bow:

After reading it again how could you understand it. Typo city!:eek::

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Judas Priest, here come the aplogies!

A depth Oline sign 90% of the board never heard of before yesterday. I hope he's all that.

daab23

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
After reading it again how could you understand it. Typo city!:eek::
I type the same way. the only reason my post are somewhat literate is because of spell check.

:laugh2:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I'd be ready to kill BP if he went out and signed Randle El at any price, much less 6 years, 25 mil. And all these other subpar players are getting way over paid. Build in the draft- free agency has been proven to be fool's gold over the years. Though, I admit I am not happy about the scrub we way overpaid for to play OL.

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors said:

A depth Oline sign 90% of the board never heard of before yesterday. I hope he's all that.

Take your monthly breakdown some where else. Sorry we failed to sign a over priced back up for NT and kept our money instead of throwing it at a OG when we need more then 1 position along the OL addressed.

It's not an apology for anything. It does not belong in your dream world I know but some of us prefer to stay here on earth.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
This really is a weak FA class and the type of money being thrown around is mind blowing. There has not been a single signing where I thought we missed the boat. Randle El, Hutchinson, Chaveous and Bentley are all guys I would have loved to sign but not at the numbers they are getting. It's insane!

I like that approach. I would have to think that since the Commanders have signed Randle-El, and have traded for Lloyd that TO has to be in our plans.

SDogo

Reaction score
daab23 said:
I type the same way. the only reason my post are somewhat literate is because of spell check.

:laugh2:

I have to use that more!;)

SDogo

Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
I like that approach. I would have to think that since the Commanders have signed Randle-El, and have traded for Lloyd that TO has to be in our plans.

Jerry won't go a whole off season letting Snyder get all the headlines. 1 T.O signing and the Commanders are back page news again.

PoetTree

Reaction score
---

T.O., McGinnest (or preferably, Arrington), Vinatieri, and either Milloy or Coleman & I think we'd all be very, very happy with the results. But there's still plenty of time and money. We're only 2 days into free agency, my friends. All is well. We've got some holes to fill. And they will be.

WE... just have to be patient....

:bang2:

No... no, I said "patient".... patience.....

:confused:

"Patience".

:(

That's right... just relax....

:eek::

Good job... breathe in.... breathe out.....

:)

Good.... goooooooood.....

And hey, keep in mind, we'll probably be getting T.O. early this week!

:eek:

Oh, yeah... sorry. Forgot what a touchy subject that is 'round here. My bad....

;)

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:

The numbers look big but they aren't. The salary cap went up almost $20 million dollars, from $85 to $102 million. That's more than a 20% increase! Bentley, Hutchinson, and Longwell were some of the best in the league at their positions. Are you telling me they're getting contracts that don't reflect the new salary cap? Jerry and Bill need to stop being cheapskates. This is why the players held out Jerry, they want bigger salaries!

SDogo

Reaction score
Let's not forget, this is only part 1 of 2 of FA. We will have plenty of money to play with come Sept cuts.

SDogo

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
The numbers look big but they aren't. The salary cap went up almost $20 million dollars, from $85 to $102 million. That's more than a 20% increase! Bentley, Hutchinson, and Longwell were some of the best in the league at their positions. Are you telling me they're getting contracts that don't reflect the new salary cap? Jerry and Bill need to stop being cheapskates. This is why the players held out Jerry, they want bigger salaries!

Where do you get those numbers?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:

You sure have been saying Judas Priest a lot since my thread yesterday.

superpunk

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

The salary went up 8 million dollars....:confused: