Can you really blame Jerry and Bill?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Where am I getting those numbers? Check anywhere. Those are the salary cap numbers under the new CBA.

It went up 8 mil not 20. Please, if I can check anywhere to find those numbers show me just one place I can go.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
You guys are trippin', lmao! Just chill out, free agency just started yesterday.

Dallas is working on bringing players in, they have a plan. I don't see what the big issue is here.

SouthernStar

Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
I would have to think that since the Commanders have signed Randle-El, and have traded for Lloyd that TO has to be in our plans.
Heck, he might be in THEIRS!!!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
It went up 8 mil not 20. Please, if I can check anywhere to find those numbers show me just one place I can go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351462

The 2005 cap was $85.5 million, and teams were anticipating a 2006 cap of around $102 million with an extension to the CBA. However, without an extension the 2006 cap will be $94.5 million.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

In 2005, it was set at $85.5 Million. This year it was originally set to be approximately $94.5 Million. However, an extension to the CBA brought with it a new formula, which saw an expansion to approximately $102 Million. The cap is 2007 looks to be $109 Million.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
It went up from 94.5 to 102. You are confused. Team were working with the 94.5 number until the CBA was agreed upon.

It went from 85 to 102. That's a huge jump! That means salaries should jump accordingly.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
I'd be ready to kill BP if he went out and signed Randle El at any price, much less 6 years, 25 mil. And all these other subpar players are getting way over paid. Build in the draft- free agency has been proven to be fool's gold over the years. Though, I admit I am not happy about the scrub we way overpaid for to play OL.

Agreed. With all of it.
Not to mention the fact that once the huge amount of up front cash is handed out they become complacent. That is a huge dice roll there my friend. (I think we got a couple of those.) The Laroi Glovers are few and far between these days.

If we don't sign a name then automatically we're screwed. :eek: It's a business first, BPA and team need all rolled into one. Yeah lets buy a championship team. That tactic has been proven to work time and time again.

There is no way in the world you'll ever get 25 million dollars out of a gadget type receiver.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It went from 85 to 102. That's a huge jump! That means salaries should jump accordingly.

ok, well you keep thinking that. We will be here when you realize your the only one on this board who believes it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I couldn't understand why everyone was so anxious about this FA period beginning. I don't see alot of players I would have wanted. I guess Jerry and Bill feel the same way.

Now, that said...I wish they would have had a similar mindset last year when we wasted a ton of money on Ferguson and Rivera...and the year before when they got stingy with Berry but threw money away with Wiley.

The problem I have is that I haven't seen a very defined strategy for the past few years.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
ok, well you keep thinking that. We will be here when you realize your the only one on this board who believes it.

Okay. We'll keep salaries the same and forget about that silly expanding salary cap. Cause lord knows, those players weren't holding out and willing to destroy everything the NFL had worked so hard on, because they felt like they should only get small raises. :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
Homes:

It went up around $17M since last year. The money you are thinking about was just the additional CBA extension.

We need to adapt here or FA is going to pass us and we'll have all sorts of cap money and no plausable targets left.

Iron Maiden, get on this JJ!

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have never seen so mediocre players get so much money.
The only pro bowl players that have gotten big money are Bentley and Hutchinson. They have earned that money- no one else I can see that has been signed has. We might have overspent a little on Kosier but not much.
25 million for Randal L is CRAZY.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really am hoping that the reason we have not pushed harder is NOT that we are saving up for TO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Homes:

It went up around $17M since last year. The money you are thinking about was just the additional CBA extension.

We need to adapt here or FA is going to pass us and we'll have all sorts of cap money and no plausable targets left.

Iron Maiden, get on this JJ!
Oh look, Windex.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I really am hoping that the reason we have not pushed harder is NOT that we are saving up for TO.

I'm getting a sinking feeling that is exactly what the team is doing.

Hey wait a minute...did you and I just agree on something? ;) :D

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Whatever holes we haven't addressed through signing FA's we'll address through the draft, isn't it as simple as that? The Rams signing Chavous etc. just means one less team to worry about drafting Ko Simpson or Whitner. WAS signing Randle El and trading for Lloyd and CLE signing Jurevicious just means that's two teams out of the running for S. Holmes or Jackson. The Giants getting Arrington and the Rams getting Witherspoon just means two more teams out of the running for Chad Greenway. CLE signing Shaffer just means less competition for us for Marcus McNeill. It's not the end of the world if we don't appear to be aggressive in signing FA's.