Canceled shows you...

ethiostar

Reaction score
What are a couple of canceled shows you would like to see back on the air.

For me, I really enjoyed watching 'Jericho' and 'Firefly'. I thought they were really good shows that were canceled prematurely. There has been talk of bringing back 'Jericho' for the last year but nothing has come of it yet.

What say you?

ethiostar

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2697858 said:
Deadwood

HBO really screwed them over

I never had HBO so i never followed that show but i have seen one or two episodes and it seemed like a good show. Westerns are also my favorite genres of movies so i'm sure i would have enjoyed it.

BTW Yeager, how long was that show on the air?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ethiostar;2697861 said:
I never had HBO so i never followed that show but i have seen one or two episodes and it seemed like a good show. Westerns are also my favorite genres of movies so i'm sure i would have enjoyed it.

BTW Yeager, how long was that show on the air?

I believe two seasons. After HBO canceled it they were supposed to make 2 two hour movies to complete the story lines but they never made them.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2697866 said:
I believe two seasons. After HBO canceled it they were supposed to make 2 two hour movies to complete the story lines but they never made them.

I think i will see if i can find it online and watch all the episodes. TV shows don't often translate well into full length movies. Still it might be worth the look. They did make a movie out of 'Firefly' called 'Serenity', it was decent enough but i had really enjoyed the TV show but it only lasted 14 or 15 episodes.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2697858 said:
Deadwood

HBO really screwed them over

Ian McShane was awesome in that one, I only watched a few episodes, rented it from Blockbuster, and he was great

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2697884 said:
Ian McShane was awesome in that one, I only watched a few episodes, rented it from Blockbuster, and he was great

I agree

The scenes with Woo used to kill me :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
ethiostar;2697841 said:
What are a couple of canceled shows you would like to see back on the air.

For me, I really enjoyed watching 'Jericho' and 'Firefly'. I thought they were really good shows that were canceled prematurely. There has been talk of bringing back 'Jericho' for the last year but nothing has come of it yet.

What say you?

Jericho I'm glad was canceled. It was a late night soap opera. The 2nd season was a lot better though, I'll give it that.

Firefly is possibly my favorite TV series ever and I didn't watch it until the DVD.

Others I wish hadn't been canceled are Journeyman and Dead Like Me, as well as several Andy Richter shows on Fox. There's a few others that I would have liked to see stay, but I can't say for sure they'd be good, but they had potential.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Jericho needs to be brought back. That was a fantastic show.

I hear the Sci Fi channel may buy it and start developing it. I can only hope.

Great story and solid casting.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Over There, Generation Kill, and the Brady Bunch.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ajk23az;2697934 said:
That 70s Show (Favorite TV show)
&
Prison Break

Prison Break hasn't been cancelled. They are ending the show. It's ran it's course.

ethiostar

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2697896 said:
Jericho I'm glad was canceled. It was a late night soap opera. The 2nd season was a lot better though, I'll give it that.

I would have to disagree on this one, I thought it a great story line and they were really starting to develop the story before it got canceled.

Firefly is possibly my favorite TV series ever and I didn't watch it until the DVD.

I didn't know about it until after it was canceled but my friend had the episodes on dvd and i was hooked even though i knew it was canceled.