Canes/Sooners

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
...first of all,let me give my props to the Sooners...well into my dotage,I actually remember,fondly,the Oklahoma teams of the 50's...as a small kid ,in Brooklyn, my first,in a long line of college football favourites,was Billy Vessels..OU...Heisman what was it 53?...now,to this year...Oklahoma is the better team...why?...because this year Oklahoma is great,the Canes,merely very good...(the 20 or so recently departed guys looking to find work on Sunday's a contributing factor...)...if the Canes & the Sooners do hook up,it will be most likely in Miramar Florida...a palookaville town about 40 miles north of the Coral Gables campus...it will be for the Canes a home game...Oklahoma being the better team,let me make a point...the Canes are a renegade program...renegade in this sense...they don't really play for the University of Miami,they certainly don't play for their coaches...their number more akin to the number of clowns coming out of a VW than say Joe Paterno,or Bud Wilkenson...they play for "something"often called "the Canes"...now slowly morphing into the "U"...where ever the Canes do show up on January first (or thereabouts)...there will about 100 to 150 former Canes on the sidelines..more akin to the Bloods or the Crips..this bond..............is no small advantage....................................go canes..

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ibis said:
...first of all,let me give my props to the Sooners...well into my dotage,I actually remember,fondly,the Oklahoma teams of the 50's...as a small kid ,in Brooklyn, my first,in a long line of college football favourites,was Billy Vessels..OU...Heisman what was it 53?...now,to this year...Oklahoma is the better team...why?...because this year Oklahoma is great,the Canes,merely very good...(the 20 or so recently departed guys looking to find work on Sunday's a contributing factor...)...if the Canes & the Sooners do hook up,it will be most likely in Miramar Florida...a palookaville town about 40 miles north of the Coral Gables campus...it will be for the Canes a home game...Oklahoma being the better team,let me make a point...the Canes are a renegade program...renegade in this sense...they don't really play for the University of Miami,they certainly don't play for their coaches...their number more akin to the number of clowns coming out of a VW than say Joe Paterno,or Bud Wilkenson...they play for "something"often called "the Canes"...now slowly morphing into the "U"...where ever the Canes do show up on January first (or thereabouts)...there will about 100 to 150 former Canes on the sidelines..more akin to the Bloods or the Crips..this bond..............is no small advantage....................................go canes..

I respect your post. I do however do not think the CANES are in the same LEAGUE as the Trojans and the Sooners. Berlin does not bring the passing attack teams fear. You cant say that about OU and USC. Its just fact. The best balances teams in the nation are OU (White/Peterson) and USC (ML/RB). Just another fact. If both teams win out and run the table then it will be them in the Orange Bowl. As far as Im concerned. Miami has struggled to many times this season to be considered #3 in the BCS. Im not worried. It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas said:
I respect your post. I do however do not think the CANES are in the same LEAGUE as the Trojans and the Sooners. Berlin does not bring the passing attack teams fear. You cant say that about OU and USC. Its just fact. The best balances teams in the nation are OU (White/Peterson) and USC (ML/RB). Just another fact. If both teams win out and run the table then it will be them in the Orange Bowl. As far as Im concerned. Miami has struggled to many times this season to be considered #3 in the BCS. Im not worried. It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.
...thanks...I agree...SC and OU are the two best teams..as an aside...I like the occasional split championships...last year,why can't BOTH New Orleans & LA have bragging rights...plus...it's college....yeah,I know,BIG TIME college,but,the kids practice their butts off,go to school,cant work...so what if 80 or so more of them get to wear a championship ring...good on them,and the system that allows it...