Can't be quarterback: name one Cowboy player from the past you would put on this current team

CWR

Reaction score
I also say Chad Hutchinson. QB and guitarist. Double threat.

Only if he comes with Sea World Dave Campo, in his sleek wetsuit.

When I saw that outfit I thought damn, that is a head coach that demands respect.

CWR

Reaction score
If Jerry and Brady are the goat then so is Emmitt.

If we go another route then Mahomes or Rodgers, Peterson, and Moss are the best. They are the most gifted to ever play their positions.

Emmitt doesn't get the same accolades because heart isn't tangible. I always hated the oline garbage argument. He was breaking state records in Pensacola back before oline was an excuse to discredit him.

I won't sit here and say he was better than Jim Brown, but I'll say without hesitation he deserves to be in the conversation for GOAT. They don't make them like Emmitt, which is why that record won't he broken before my lifetime.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid the endless Dak debates, though I might just be fooling myself. So, you can't pick Staubach, Aikman or any other Cowboys quarterback. Aside from that, which past Cowboy player and his position would you team with this offense or defense.

Me? It's a tie between Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Emmitt Smith.

I gotta go Emmitt Smith. His durability, reliability and productivity at the running back position would make us a better balanced team and even more dangerous offensively. I'm okay with the pass rush, and although I'd take an upgrade on the offensive line, I think we can get by with the line we have, provided Tyron Smith returns.
However, the lack of a running game concerns me. And I believe we'll have to lean more on that in the playoffs.

But that's my take. What's yours?
Travis Frederick. I miss that guy so much. What a shame his career was cut short. This OL would be insane with him. There are a lot of names that came to mind. I'm almost 43, and was raised on the Cowboys. That guy was built different. Second choice would be between Darren Woodson, and Larry Allen.

plymkr

Reaction score
Only if he comes with Sea World Dave Campo, in his sleek wetsuit.

When I saw that outfit I thought damn, that is a head coach that demands respect.
:lmao2::lmao2:
When I saw that outfit I thought, yep I'm straight, women all the way, no doubt whatsoever.

Reactions: CWR

ICP

Reaction score
I'd agree with most if not all the OL-men Erik Williams, Larry Allen, Newton, but then there's Emmitt, Sanders, D-Ware, Witten in his prime, but what might be my favorite choice would be Woodson at Safety.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

one season? and only by 1 TD....

these are nice debates to have, but Rice was dominant and so good for so long. had the best hands for a WR ever IMHO. so smooth in his route running and deceptively fast. he knew the angles to cut through a defense better than any WR...

but I would take either....wish we would have drafted Moss way back when....stupiid jerry

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
For those who haven't chose Larry Allen, football might not be the sport for you. Even though my heart says Erik just so I could watch him make today's spoiled brats cry like a school girl, I would take LA every day and then watch while he pounded Aaron Donald into the dirt on every single play until he simply walked off the field and went home. He was stronger than you and he was faster than you and he was angrier than you. Larry Allen Flu had more victims than Covid ever had.

But just for fun I will go to the other side of the ball and choose Bob Lilly. You ain't scoring more than 10 points unless the officials feel sorry for the other team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
one season? and only by 1 TD....

these are nice debates to have, but Rice was dominant and so good for so long. had the best hands for a WR ever IMHO. so smooth in his route running and deceptively fast. he knew the angles to cut through a defense better than any WR...

but I would take either....wish we would have drafted Moss way back when....stupiid jerry

Randy Moss had 1 good season? Lol..

Angles? Yeah, Moss’s angle was 1 hand catching a pass with 3 players draped all over him.

In no way could Jerry Rice ever do what Moss does. Ever. He is the most dominant player that’s ever played WR.

He’s fast, fluid, can jump out of the stadium, can make QBs like Jeff George look decent, he is the best to ever do it.

But…

I’ll agree that Jerry has more accolades.. No debate from me..

The problem I have is when people say 4.7 40 average athlete Jerry Rice is the best wideout ever but then tell me Emmitt Smith isn’t the best ever when he is the Jerry Rice of RBs.

kskboys

Reaction score
Randy Moss had 1 good season? Lol..

Angles? Yeah, Moss’s angle was 1 hand catching a pass with 3 players draped all over him.

In no way could Jerry Rice ever do what Moss does. Ever. He is the most dominant player that’s ever played WR.

He’s fast, fluid, can jump out of the stadium, can make QBs like Jeff George look decent, he is the best to ever do it.

But…

I’ll agree that Jerry has more accolades.. No debate from me..

The problem I have is when people say 4.7 40 average athlete Jerry Rice is the best wideout ever but then tell me Emmitt Smith isn’t the best ever when he is the Jerry Rice of RBs.
Moss better than Jerry Rice? You sir are drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
For those who haven't chose Larry Allen, football might not be the sport for you. Even though my heart says Erik just so I could watch him make today's spoiled brats cry like a school girl, I would take LA every day and then watch while he pounded Aaron Donald into the dirt on every single play until he simply walked off the field and went home. He was stronger than you and he was faster than you and he was angrier than you. Larry Allen Flu had more victims than Covid ever had.

But just for fun I will go to the other side of the ball and choose Bob Lilly. You ain't scoring more than 10 points unless the officials feel sorry for the other team.
Erik Williams was very near the same level before his auto accident.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The number_33 in my username is in homage to THE GREAT _Tony Dorsett_.. Just imagine what Tony D. in his PRIME could do for this team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a tie between Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Larry Allen and Emmitt Smith.
I would also consider Randy White, Darren Woodson, Irvin, Deion, Witten and Travis Frederick.

My choice will always be Erik Williams because he is my favorite all-time Cowboys player.
- Unfortunately, Goodell would likely have permanently suspended EW for his style of play.

- Frederick might be the player this team is missing the most.

The 2021 offense would be unstoppable with a prime years Witten.
- Schultz just benefits from defenses focusing on the Cowboys WRs.
- He doesn't draw any focus away from them like Witten did.

- Obviously Larry Allen replacing Connor or Connor at LG would be incredible.

- Can't go wrong with Emmitt considering he is a top 2 Cowboys player of all time.

- Randy White would bring a mean streak to the defense...
- However, I don't think playing in a rotation would sit well with the Manster.

- Woodson replacing Kazee would really put this defense over the top.

- No comment even needed for Irvin or Deion.