Can't say enough about Scandrick!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
rathalarge;2497376 said:
Man, did he do a job on Steve Smith! And he wasn't intimidated at all, demonstrating a fiery demeanor after defending passes intended for Smith. Smith is the Giants' X-factor, (IMO) out of the slot, and it's good we have a player besides Newman who can defend from that position!

Actually I think this may have been one of his weaker games. It happens. Long term and short he was a steal. But I do think it was his weakest game so far.

ethiostar

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2497664 said:
Actually I think this may have been one of his weaker games. It happens. Long term and short he was a steal. But I do think it was his weakest game so far.

I only saw him get turned around once and the WR caught the ball but Scandrick recovered and closed the gap real fast.

The boy looks like a football player, period.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
ethiostar;2497678 said:
I only saw him get turned around once and the WR caught the ball but Scandrick recovered and closed the gap real fast.

The boy looks like a football player, period.

Sorry, should have been more specific. I think he got turned around a couple times and gave up a couple or three that he probably shouldnt have, but he recovered well on each. If this is the worst he plays this year or ever I will be very happy.

Nexx

Reaction score
stasheroo;2497434 said:
I agree.

He looks significant better than Jenkins at this point and seems to have really helped to solidify the slot coverage position.

He sure doesn't play like a rookie.

In what looks like a terrific draft, he may be the best pick of all.

i think sandrick "got it" quicker than jenkins but think jenkins, once he "gets it" will be just as good if not better than sandrick. i love me some sandrick though. he has been more than solid, and i dare say probowlesque in his first season. :)

twentytwo

Reaction score
jobberone;2497568 said:
He was all over Smith. Eli really had to put the ball in there to beat Scandrick. He threw some perfect passes to him o/w he gets nothing.

Definitely true. It looked like Eli was kind of picking on Scandrick a little bit, but he handled the challenge real well.

And like you said, a few of those passes wouldn't have been completions if they weren't perfect throws.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Boise State has a number of Frosh/Sophs defensive players that will make an impact in the NFL in a few years. And will likely be 3rd+ rounders.
Closest to the draft is Kyle Wilson (Jr), who was a better CB than Scandrick when they played together. He is kinda hard to get a feel for on TV since he doesn't get thrown on that much. He has returned 3 punts for tds this year as well.
Then Jeron Johnson (So) and George Iloka (Fr) at safety. Johnson is an absolute teeth rattling tackler. And Iloka (6'3" 205) has textbook tackling form and will be a terror after putting on another 20 pounds.
DT Billy Wynn (Fr) and DE Ryan Winterswyk (So) will also end up on some NFL team's roster.
These guys are talented, smart, and come from a program that puts major emphasis on fundamental football skills.
Check out the Poinsettia Bowl next week.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps Scandrick replaces Henry as the starter opposite TNew next year.

I won't be surprised.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The steal of the draft. Didn't he only fall so far because he got into some trouble?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
stasheroo;2497434 said:
I agree.

He looks significant better than Jenkins at this point and seems to have really helped to solidify the slot coverage position.

He sure doesn't play like a rookie.

In what looks like a terrific draft, he may be the best pick of all.

I agree.

You can find running backs throughout the draft. But a corner who plays as well as Sandrick his rookie season, and finding one deep in the draft?

That's what you call mining for gold in the later rounds.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2497910 said:
The steal of the draft. Didn't he only fall so far because he got into some trouble?

I believe there was a rumor going around the league that he was uncoachable. I believe his coach came out after the draft a said it wasn't true and that he was in fact very coachable with a great attitude.

gmoney112

Reaction score
we should just start recruiting out of boise state in the later rounds lol

Everson24

Reaction score
The best thing about Scandrick is that he allows us to put Newman on the opposing teams best reciever all over the field and double the other with Henry or Jenkins and a safety over the top.

This gives us a lot of flexibility to blitz LBs and safeties. I've also noticed we are now actually getting some coverage sacks that we never got with Reeves in there last year. Scandrick has allowed us to maximize our talent. I just hope he doesnt get hurt because we would quickly see just how good he really is.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Everson24;2498170 said:
The best thing about Scandrick is that he allows us to put Newman on the opposing teams best reciever all over the field and double the other with Henry or Jenkins and a safety over the top.

This gives us a lot of flexibility to blitz LBs and safeties. I've also noticed we are now actually getting some coverage sacks that we never got with Reeves in there last year. Scandrick has allowed us to maximize our talent. I just hope he doesnt get hurt because we would quickly see just how good he really is.

Some one has been paying attention. And this is the reason why we still need AJ. He is better than Ball and he can start should someone get nicked.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
scandrick has been nothing but solid since he has suited up.

i think he is better than jenkins.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
4.32 - He was expected to go in the second round.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/273/story/359693.html

Scandrick (5-foot-11, 196 pounds) has helped separate himself with strong performances leading up to the draft. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.32 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine - the fourth-fastest time of any prospect - and showed good agility and leaping ability.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He was busted up with some remarks about his coachability or some such nonsense. Bad for him but good for us.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
lane;2498264 said:
scandrick has been nothing but solid since he has suited up.

i think he is better than jenkins.

The Giants hardly threw at Jenkins last night, but they did throw quite a bit at Scandrick

I'm glad we have both. Both guys have tremendous upside and futures. My one prob with Scandrick (and its probably more inexperience than anything else right now, he's trying to be careful) is that he isnt attacking the ball. He's had a few good opps to make a play on the ball but didnt. That will probably come with time.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dbair1967;2498300 said:
The Giants hardly threw at Jenkins last night, but they did throw quite a bit at Scandrick

I'm glad we have both. Both guys have tremendous upside and futures. My one prob with Scandrick (and its probably more inexperience than anything else right now, he's trying to be careful) is that he isnt attacking the ball. He's had a few good opps to make a play on the ball but didnt. That will probably come with time.

agreed..

i can't argue with anything you just said.

i'm going to buy you a beer right now.:)