can't stop mocking

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Chung is starting to remind me of Felix last year. Most people at the time were against the pick, but now love the guy. It seems the same could be the chase of Chung if we take him and he proforms.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2711508 said:
Chung is starting to remind me of Felix last year. Most people at the time were against the pick, but now love the guy. It seems the same could be the chase of Chung if we take him and he proforms.

I know what you're saying, around March I wasn't that enthused of the guy, someone could probably find a post or 2 where I stated that then, he's been steadily growing on me

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2711508 said:

I disagree with this pretty strongly.

A lot of that comes from how much I liked Felix and how much I am bleh on Chung.

The difference to me is quite simple: Fit.

Felix had a role as a speed back here day 1. I thought Felix was a better fit for us than almost anyone and felt he was right there with McFadden as a player. That is a bit overstating things perhaps but I hate taking RBs in the top 10.

Chung is a good safety prospect for a team who has excellent coverage guys around him. In Dallas we need a coverage guy pretty badly so Chung is gonna be a bit less of a fit here then say Delmas, Rashad or one of the Safeties with more coverage experience.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711451 said:
Well ya that's a given..what a terrible name for a safety..is he asain? is he black? who knows!

Not only uncalled for, but ignorant, and a sad reason to disparage a player.

Who cares if he has an Asian sounding name, or even if he is multi-racial.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2713086 said:
Not only uncalled for, but ignorant, and a sad reason to disparage a player.

Who cares if he has an Asian sounding name, or even if he is multi-racial.
he's just joking man. we're messing with Bob who likes Chung.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
jterrell;2711985 said:
I disagree with this pretty strongly.

A lot of that comes from how much I liked Felix and how much I am bleh on Chung.

The difference to me is quite simple: Fit.

Felix had a role as a speed back here day 1. I thought Felix was a better fit for us than almost anyone and felt he was right there with McFadden as a player. That is a bit overstating things perhaps but I hate taking RBs in the top 10.

Chung is a good safety prospect for a team who has excellent coverage guys around him. In Dallas we need a coverage guy pretty badly so Chung is gonna be a bit less of a fit here then say Delmas, Rashad or one of the Safeties with more coverage experience.

You could also argue that Dallas needs a solid dependable tackler at the safety position. It was not the coverage deficiencies in the secondary that blew Dallas' playoff hopes, it was the lack of dependable tackling in the running game. THAT is a fact, unequivocally.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2nd round, #51: Oregon SS Patrick Chung

3rd round (from Cleveland), #69: Richmond DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

4th round (from Detroit), #101: Alabama C Antoine Caldwell

4th round, #117: San Jose State CB Chris Owens

5th round, #156: Abilene Christian WR Johnny Knox

5th round (from Tennessee), #166: North Carolina State TE Anthony Hill

5th round (Compensatory), #172: Stillman DT Sammie Lee Hill

6th round (from Miami), #197: Missouri Western OG Roger Allen

6th round (Compensatory), #208: USC S Kevin Ellison (move to ILB, think Thomas Davis)

7th round (from Detroit), #210: LSU S Curtis Taylor

7th round, #227: North Carolina OT Garrett Reynolds

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711066 said:
:laugh2: I can say whatever I want..and there's a bunch of people and websites(since most people look to that since they can't make thier own judgement) that echo my thoughts..

Delmas>>>>>>>>Chungy

End of discussion..BYE.

Let's be honest who ever ends up being the highest rated safety will be among the first 50 picks