Canty Comparison

PA Cowboy11

Reaction score
Canty could turn out to be an excellent value late in the fourth round. Canty was one of the most talented five-techniques in the draft and has been compared to Michael Strahan physically....ProFootballWeekly :iggles:

Rockytop6

Reaction score
If his injuries all heal up without any lingering effects, I think he will be the steal of the draft.

ravidubey

Reaction score
He is definitely the steal of the draft unless he proves to be as injury prone as he was in college. The man needs NFL-calibre strength training.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
He could be the steal of the draft if he can recover from his injuries, but i read in two seperate places that he has a bad attitude, i hope that im wrong. But im sure that i did anyone else read those articles from the last mini camp?

Nightshade

Reaction score
I think he's a character guy who's just been unlucky and very disappointed at where his bad luck ended up getting him drafted.

This is from an article on the Football Futures's Website.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/chris_canty.html

Chris Canty DE Virginia 6’7 290
By: Robert Davis

Chris Canty is very accomplished both on and off the field. Canty became a full time starter as a sophomore, and he took full advantage, racking up All ACC honors with 86 tackles. As a junior, he was once again an All ACC performer with an unheard of 104 tackles for a defensive lineman. He also added 4 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. In just four games as a senior, Canty had 30 tackles, including 7 for loss. Canty has been named a team captain, all academic ACC, and graduated after his junior season with a degree in African American studies.

He has a solid background as his mom has been a methodist minister for 20 years.

Also, I've read where Al Groh recommended him as a true character guy to Parcells.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Nightshade said:
I think he's a character guy who's just been unlucky and very disappointed at where his bad luck ended up getting him drafted.

This is from an article on the Football Futures's Website.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/chris_canty.html

Chris Canty DE Virginia 6’7 290
By: Robert Davis

Chris Canty is very accomplished both on and off the field. Canty became a full time starter as a sophomore, and he took full advantage, racking up All ACC honors with 86 tackles. As a junior, he was once again an All ACC performer with an unheard of 104 tackles for a defensive lineman. He also added 4 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. In just four games as a senior, Canty had 30 tackles, including 7 for loss. Canty has been named a team captain, all academic ACC, and graduated after his junior season with a degree in African American studies.

He has a solid background as his mom has been a methodist minister for 20 years.

Also, I've read where Al Groh recommended him as a true character guy to Parcells.

Good stuff Nightshade.

I'm excited about getting to see Ware, Spears, and Canty along with the young LB from TN (brain fart and can't remember his name). Canty may be a player.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad said:
He could be the steal of the draft if he can recover from his injuries, but i read in two seperate places that he has a bad attitude, i hope that im wrong. But im sure that i did anyone else read those articles from the last mini camp?
I can tell you first hand that those articles are just some reporters need to fill up a space. He is ferocious on the field and that's the only attitude that the man has....The "put your foot on their throat" mentallity.

parcellsguys

Reaction score
We got the inside stuff on Canty from an old Parcells' Guy, Virginia coach Al Groh. I am sure he was talking Canty up to Coach Parcells and telling him to overlook the injuries. When this kid is healthy we will be awesome.

When I saw the highlights of him I was reminded of John Abraham from the Jets. Let's just hope he has more toughness than Abraham, Coach Parcells won't put up with that wimpy "I can't play in this playoff game" crap.

Reaction score
I wouldn't compare him to Strahan at all. Strahan is actually a bit undersized to ever play in a 3-4. He's a 265-275 player. Canty has a chance to go 290+, and has much more of a take on the blocker approach than Strahan. I hope he becomes as effective though!