Charles

Benched
Reaction score
1638313-597994.jpg

Ouch!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Interesting pic, he has the jersey, not the collar...Would that penalty even be called under the "New Rule"? Next, will it be don't grab the flag...er Jersey rule ?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
1638313-597994.jpg

My quote is actually coming from Billick on the sidelines there...

"I didn't know Musa had 3 knees. Oh... $#@%. Nevermind."

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Roy lets go there, Smith is heading for the endzone while Roy is flat on his back after the stiffarm. That was a freak accident...comparable to Napolean McCollum.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Interesting pic, he has the jersey, not the collar...Would that penalty even be called under the "New Rule"? Next, will it be don't grab the flag...er Jersey rule ?

I noticed the same thing... he has a handful of jersey...

If the rules committee looks at this pic they will see that this injury was caused by Roy's knee breaking Smith's ankle... something that could happen on every play...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Looking at that reminds me of LT and Joe Theesman. It was the same type of tackle.

ghst187

Reaction score
better outlaw jersey grabbing too while we're at it....

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I noticed the same thing... he has a handful of jersey...

If the rules committee looks at this pic they will see that this injury was caused by Roy's knee breaking Smith's ankle... something that could happen on every play...

That's not his ankle.
That's his shin.
It split right in the middle.
Not a pretty sight.

SmellsLikeTuna

Reaction score
He does have the collar.....if it were just the shirt, you would see the pads still in their place under the pulled shirt....but the pad AND shirt are being pulled.

He could have just wrapped him up like you're taught since grade school.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:
He does have the collar.....if it were just the shirt, you would see the pads still in their place under the pulled shirt....but the pad AND shirt are being pulled.

Except he had a hand in his face mask pushing him down, he had to reach up with one hand and grab whatever he could.

This is the NFL, not HS.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
SmellsLikeTuna said:

This is BS. Guys who try and make perfect form tackles in the NFL are not around long. Why? Because the talent is too good. Bottom line, you paid to make tackles or break them. If you can't do one or the other, you don't have a job. Guys are going to do whatever they have to, in order to keep there jobs. That means tackle the guy however you can bring him down.

It's economics.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
yall sum hot boyz...don't stall his pic on tha net like dat... never kno who on tha board..

ghst187

Reaction score
if Roy has the shoulder pads in this pic, then his fingers are ridiculously long

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jarv said:

Yeah. Not to mention the "45" seconds it'll take for replay.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Dudes, this is only my opinion, but I don't think this pic should be here! The guys at Fox (broadcaster "Moose" Johnston had the courtesy to say that it shouldn't be replayed over and over and they were good enough to do it), shouldn't we as well? Some might think it is cool and that's their right to think that way.

I know we are all hardcore football fans and the violence in this game gets overglorified, but shouldn't we just focus on the basic element of the game, which is to advance the ball to the end zone... The violence and physicality is a by product of this game not the topic.