Cardinals and Cowboys had discussions about a trade during the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
IF that is true...then the "discussion " consisted of Dallas calling AZ with that ridiculously 1 sided offer, and AZ laughing at them and hanging up.

Nobody is trading up 3 measly spots at the END of the 1st round, and forking over a 3rd rounder in exchange for a garbage late 6th rounder.

Surprise Surprise...the trade didn't happen, because it's either a bogus story or an idiotic trade offer by one of our idiot Jones boys, who like many of the Zaney Zoners in here, don't realize the trade also has to make sense for the OTHER team.
So... Let me see if I understand your position.

You are ignoring the video entirely while saying that the Cardinals would never give up a fourth round pick (104) while getting back a sixth (174) in order to swap firsts?

You do realize that the Lions actually DID "fork over" a THIRD (73) and we only had to give them back a "garbage" 7th next year, right?

So the Lions gave us MORE than what you are saying that the Cardinals would NEVER do and we had to give them back LESS.

I truly hope that you were in a bar and half lit when you posted that, because if you weren't; well....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IF that is true...then the "discussion " consisted of Dallas calling AZ with that ridiculously 1 sided offer, and AZ laughing at them and hanging up.

Nobody is trading up 3 measly spots at the END of the 1st round, and forking over a 3rd rounder in exchange for a garbage late 6th rounder.

Surprise Surprise...the trade didn't happen, because it's either a bogus story or an idiotic trade offer by one of our idiot Jones boys, who like many of the Zaney Zoners in here, don't realize the trade also has to make sense for the OTHER team.
Doubt that happened at all. Most likely Arizona initiated the call. As they wanted to trade up.

But fans need to always be negative.

shabazz

Reaction score
Doubt that happened at all. Most likely Arizona initiated the call. As they wanted to trade up.

I am POSITIVE that another team would have been the one that actually initiated something........zero doubt.

No negativity there.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

It would be very routine and believable for AZ to inquire about jumping up 3 spots.

I'm sure more teams than not received at least 1 call...if not more, about trade options for their RD1 pick. I'm sure Jerruh inquired about other teams picks too.

It's just the value of this trade rumor is completely Dallas-biases. No team would make that trade to move up 3 spots....unless it was like a Top 5 / Top 10 area where value is much much higher

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
So... Let me see if I understand your position.

You are ignoring the video entirely while saying that the Cardinals would never give up a fourth round pick (104) while getting back a sixth (174) in order to swap firsts?

You do realize that the Lions actually DID "fork over" a THIRD (73) and we only had to give them back a "garbage" 7th next year, right?

So the Lions gave us MORE than what you are saying that the Cardinals would NEVER do and we had to give them back LESS.

I truly hope that you were in a bar and half lit when you posted that, because if you weren't; well....
I think ur mis-quoting me. Don't you understand metaphors?