Cardinals Cut Wendell Bryant

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Cardinals | No Role for Bryant
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:41:30 -0700

Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green said the team released DT Wendell Bryant because they just did not have a role for him.

At 6-5 303lbs, he's got size enough to back up Ferguson at NT and he's still pretty young too. With Parcells lighting a fire under his butt, do you think it would be worth it to bring him in for a look?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
AS longs as we dont give him alot of money, maybe a one year deal, good quailty depth for a DL, i wouldnt mind it

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
No who do you cut to give him a spot that should be the first question

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
No who do you cut to give him a spot that should be the first question

we dont cut anybody, we let him make the team, if he does we will find the spot for him, but right now he has to show he's good enough, we have plenty of camp fodder

jksmith269

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
we dont cut anybody, we let him make the team, if he does we will find the spot for him, but right now he has to show he's good enough, we have plenty of camp fodder
We don't have a open spot on the roster right now so you would have to cut someone just to get him in TC

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
We don't have a open spot on the roster right now so you would have to cut someone just to get him in TC

and your telling me there isnt a guy you wouldnt cut on the roster

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Perfect scenario, Darian Barnes is cut...realistically, John Condo doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose and could be easily cut.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow, Bust City. Bryant had some good talent and all you heard about him before his draft was what a hard worker he was, too. Wonder what the problem was.

jksmith269

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
and your telling me there isnt a guy you wouldnt cut on the roster
thats what I'm asking who would you cut? A promissing receiver a DB a OL I don't think we can afford to cut any of those spots right now until we see whos for real.. So who would you cut? Al Singleton maybe?????

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
thats what I'm asking who would you cut? A promissing receiver a DB a OL I don't think we can afford to cut any of those spots right now until we see whos for real.. So who would you cut? Al Singleton maybe?????

maybe love,i mean i dont know who's on our roster so i really cant say, maybe we take somebody of of the DL

Duane

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Wow, Bust City. Bryant had some good talent and all you heard about him before his draft was what a hard worker he was, too. Wonder what the problem was.
I remember that draft and thought he'd be as good as John Henderson.

jksmith269

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
maybe love,i mean i dont know who's on our roster so i really cant say, maybe we take somebody of of the DL
Funny I read at the Ranch that Love had one of the best days out of all the players said he really stood out for all the right reasons and was vg in pass coverage.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Funny I read at the Ranch that Love had one of the best days out of all the players said he really stood out for all the right reasons and was vg in pass coverage.

Oh, well i dont really see love making this team

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If Larry Allen is truly on the PUP list, then there is an open spot. They also could easily cut a CB like Lenny Williams. Bryant will have to go to whatever team picks him off of waivers, he wouldn't have a choice since he is still on his rookie contract. Dan Campbell is also on PUI, so they actually have two spots open.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

That was my reaction, too.

I'm surprised that this guy didn't pan out.

Dennis Green, long known as a players' coach who didn't exactly run a tight ship, ran out of patience with this guy pretty quick. Maybe Wendell roomed with Troy Hambrick and got infected.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab said:

Accurate post.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
If Larry Allen is truly on the PUP list, then there is an open spot. They also could easily cut a CB like Lenny Williams. Bryant will have to go to whatever team picks him off of waivers, he wouldn't have a choice since he is still on his rookie contract. Dan Campbell is also on PUI, so they actually have two spots open.
Now why try to cut an SU you player Lenny never did anything to you.

I am all for giving the kid a shot for a low risk contract but something stinks about his release. Denny ain't playing in AZ!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Chief said:
That was my reaction, too.

I'm surprised that this guy didn't pan out.

Dennis Green, long known as a players' coach who didn't exactly run a tight ship, ran out of patience with this guy pretty quick. Maybe Wendell roomed with Troy Hambrick and got infected.
:D
I don't keep up with the Cardinals (does anyone?) but all I remember hearing about him is that he's been hurt a lot... Maybe that's what his problem was.