Cardinals pleading for fans to not sell tix...

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I'll be there in my Cowboys gear rotting them on, and the stadium will be 50+% Cowboys fans.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
a quick check on ebay showed 416 items ( usually more than one tickets)
stubhub shows 1,245 tickets available
ticketsnow lists 1,043 tickets

their plea doesnt seem to be working

cowboyz

Reaction score
of course not. cards fans use this game to pay for a good percentage of their season tickets.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeah and the little Dutch Boy really held back the flood by sticking his finger in the dike. I have nothing but respect for Ken Whisenhunt and Kurt Warner, but make no mistake about it, this state is a Dallas Cowboys state, not an Arizona Cardinals state. Today alone when I was out running around I saw 3 guys with Cowboys caps, 4 trucks with stickers, a jersey, and heard the local radio station talking about them coming to town and no Cardinals news at all.

I did not see even one Cardinals cap or t-shirt today. In fact I haven't seen one since the gardner was here last week. He's a fan. Even calls his company Cardinal Landscaping.

When I worked in a local sporting goods store while in college we used to sell more Cowboys gear than all the other 31 teams combined. The other good sellers were 49ers, Packers, Steelers, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, and Commanders. The Cardinals gear was probably 10th best seller at best.

Let's face it, the Bidwells made a huge mistake in keeping the team name and colors when they moved here from St. Louis. No one here associates with a Cardinal. Yeah, we see them now and then. I have probably seen 4 in my 20 years here in Arizona. Contrast that against the Winnepeg Jets of the NHL. They moved here and changed their name to the Phoenix Coyotes and their colors to some Southwest imagery and style and built a rabid following. You don't really think Phoenix was a hockey town do you? Ice is for drinks in this state.

Then you pile on that the fact that they suck just about every year. Here's a sad freaking story for you. The Chicago Cardinals were established because they got some hand me down red uniforms from the college ranks, the Chicago Maroons. That's right, even their colors are borrowed and low budget. From 1920 until now the Cardinals are 2-5 in the post season. That's right, 2-5. One of those wins was the 1947 NFL Championship over the Eagles and the other was over the Cowboys after the 1998 season. Is it any wonder why I hate these pieces of crap?

Oh and on top of that, any time they play on the road or have a home sellout the local Idiot TV Producer is contracturally obligated to broadcast their game. Usually when that happens the other network nitwits don't show a game either so you are force fed the Cardinals here.

This year when they sold single game tickets for the Cowboys game you also had to buy pre-season tickets to the Saints game. They are a pathetic, low brow, stupidly run franchise that is never, and I mean never, going to overtake the Cowboys for popularity in this state.

I have been to games in their stadium where over 50,000 fans were in blue. It was beautiful I tell you.

Sorry for the rant.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If Kurt Warner isnt seeing double by half time I will stop being a Cowboys fan.

:D j/k

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2316917 said:
Not sure if you've ever seen an Arizona vs. Dallas game, but a view of the crowd is almost comical. There is a sea of blue and white with an occasional red shirt in the mix.

I have not missed one of these games in about 13 years!!

I love the sea of blue. I think it is comical for a team and coach to plead to not sell their tix!! What a joke!

CowboyMark

Reaction score
When was the last time the cowboys didn't have alot of fans attending the game in Arizona? There will be alot of them this sunday. It's always happened and it won't change. Especially when the cowboys are good.

Card Trader

Benched
Reaction score
There will probably be about 15,000 Cowboy fans, no more, possibly less. This isn't the same team who's stadium you guys took over at Sun Devil stadium. Even two years ago at the new stadium there wasn't more than 10,000 of you. 15,000 is a good showing and it sucks for us Cardinal die hards, but to think you will fill up "50%+" is just old thinking.

Cardinals 34
Cowboys 23

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Card Trader;2317226 said:
There will probably be about 15,000 Cowboy fans, no more, possibly less. This isn't the same team who's stadium you guys took over at Sun Devil stadium. Even two years ago at the new stadium there wasn't more than 10,000 of you. 15,000 is a good showing and it sucks for us Cardinal die hards, but to think you will fill up "50%+" is just old thinking.

Cardinals 34
Cowboys 23
:welcome: to The Zone.

The main reason we didn't take over in 2006 was the ticket prices were through the roof. I remember when I would get single game tickets for 25 bucks. Best I could find in 2006 was 300 bucks.

Do you deny that there are more Cowboys fans in this state? Just not more season ticket holders.

20,000 fans there this week.

Card Trader

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2317238 said:
:welcome: to The Zone.

The main reason we didn't take over in 2006 was the ticket prices were through the roof. I remember when I would get single game tickets for 25 bucks. Best I could find in 2006 was 300 bucks.

Do you deny that there are more Cowboys fans in this state? Just not more season ticket holders.

20,000 fans there this week.

More Cowboy fans? Absolutely. Before the Cardinals got here in '88 they showed solely Cowboy and Broncos games so kids grew up with those as "their" teams. The tide is changing, but it takes more than a half a generation to do so.

No way on the 20,000, ticket prices are just as insane this year from brokers.

But I will say this, 20k is far better than what I was use to at SDS, we will definitely outnumber you guys at least.(sad to have to say that in our own stadium)

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Card Trader;2317226 said:

Cardinals 34
Cowboys 23

LOL card fan your coaches begging is too little too late I guarantee this summer as soon as the single game tickets went on sale a majority of the tickets were sold for this game (and they weren't by cards fans). Then you factor in the way brokers operate and you'll see twenty grand strong wearing blue and silver on game day.:starspin

Card Trader

Benched
Reaction score
goliadmike;2317250 said:
LOL card fan your coaches begging is too little too late I guarantee this summer as soon as the single game tickets went on sale a majority of the tickets were sold for this game (and they weren't by cards fans). Then you factor in the way brokers operate and you'll see twenty grand strong wearing blue and silver on game day.:starspin

Guess you haven't really followed along very well.

A) There just aren't that many single game tickets since our stadium is mostly filled with season ticket holders.

B) Brokers charge a premium for Cowboys/Giants(Yes many brokers have season tix)

C) The only way you see 20k in Blue and Silver is if you do a little too much tailgating and start seeing double.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Card Trader;2317248 said:
More Cowboy fans? Absolutely. Before the Cardinals got here in '88 they showed solely Cowboy and Broncos games so kids grew up with those as "their" teams. The tide is changing, but it takes more than a half a generation to do so.

No way on the 20,000, ticket prices are just as insane this year from brokers.

But I will say this, 20k is far better than what I was use to at SDS, we will definitely outnumber you guys at least.(sad to have to say that in our own stadium)
Oh there's no doubt you will outnumber us for the game.

It'll take forever to catch us in the state for fans. You're handcuffed to the Bidwells and their ugly traditions.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Card Trader;2317257 said:

A) There just aren't that many single game tickets since our stadium is mostly filled with season ticket holders.

B) Brokers charge a premium for Cowboys/Giants(Yes many brokers have season tix)

C) The only way you see 20k in Blue and Silver is if you do a little too much tailgating and start seeing double.

Hmm I guess not. I guess I just imagined Adam Schein on Sirius laughing about the cards forcing cowboy fans to buy Saints preseason tickets to buy the cowboy games

Or maybe I didn't follow this article about Cardinal ticket sales
[FONT=&quot]By The Associated Press[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PHOENIX -- Season ticket sales are lagging behind the pace of the Arizona Cardinals' first two years at University of Phoenix Stadium, but club officials don't expect a streak of 20 straight sellouts to end in 2008. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sales aren't that far behind 2006 and 2007, when the team sold its allotment of season tickets before summer started. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This year, the club has sold more than 55,000 season tickets. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That's 2,000 to 3,000 short of the previous two years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The waiting list has decreased from about 7,500 to 2,000, but that downturn isn't unusual. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Some people have remained on the waiting list, which requires a non-refundable deposit, because they either can't afford seats this year or are waiting for better locations to open. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Cardinals plan to increase their advertising efforts throughout July and continues to work with current ticket holders who may be tightening their entertainment budget. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Cardinals have sold out every game at University of Phoenix Stadium since it opened in 2006. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
[/FONT]
Or the fact that the cards blew through the waiting list for season ticket holders
[FONT=&quot]And this from www.predictions.roadrunnerpresales.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cardinals Single Game Tickets On Sale Date:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Season Ticket Holder Presale:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start: Fri July 25th 9 am MST[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]End: Sat July 26th 9 am MST[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Single game tickets go on sale to the general public:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sat July 26th 10 am[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.stubhub.com/arizona-cardinals-tickets/?ticket_finder=8495[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Cardinals Season Ticket Waiting List Info:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] A “limited” number of 2008 season tickets have been released. After inquiring about season tickets for the Cardinals, it appears as though seats are not moving as quickly as they would like. There are plenty of seats available for season ticket holders to upgrade and for new fans to purchase. Not a good sign![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cardinals Ticket Resale Prediction:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They’ve already moved through the waiting list and with raised ticket prices and the current state of the economy, they are practically begging people to buy tickets. The Cardinals have a weaker schedule this year and I don’t foresee much profit on the secondary market with this team. Ticket sales were solid a couple of years ago because they had the novelty of a new stadium and high hopes for the team but both are wearing pretty thin these days. All home games must be sold out to appear on local TV.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I might be drunk that day but I'm still going to see well enough to see plenty of blue and silver and lots of Cowboy scores. [/FONT]

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
trading_places1.jpg

"What are they doing here Mortimer?"

"THEY'RE SELLING!"

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Card Trader;2317257 said:

if that is the case, why is your coach so worried about you selling your tickets?

crazytown41

Reaction score
We should do the same with our own fans after what happened against the Skins 2 weeks ago.

It was a disgrace that the naional audience was able to hear the Cooley chants every time he touched the ball.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Hostile;2317134 said:
Yeah and the little Dutch Boy really held back the flood by sticking his finger in the dike. I have nothing but respect for Ken Whisenhunt and Kurt Warner, but make no mistake about it, this state is a Dallas Cowboys state, not an Arizona Cardinals state. Today alone when I was out running around I saw 3 guys with Cowboys caps, 4 trucks with stickers, a jersey, and heard the local radio station talking about them coming to town and no Cardinals news at all.

I did not see even one Cardinals cap or t-shirt today. In fact I haven't seen one since the gardner was here last week. He's a fan. Even calls his company Cardinal Landscaping.

When I worked in a local sporting goods store while in college we used to sell more Cowboys gear than all the other 31 teams combined. The other good sellers were 49ers, Packers, Steelers, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, and Commanders. The Cardinals gear was probably 10th best seller at best.

Let's face it, the Bidwells made a huge mistake in keeping the team name and colors when they moved here from St. Louis. No one here associates with a Cardinal. Yeah, we see them now and then. I have probably seen 4 in my 20 years here in Arizona. Contrast that against the Winnepeg Jets of the NHL. They moved here and changed their name to the Phoenix Coyotes and their colors to some Southwest imagery and style and built a rabid following. You don't really think Phoenix was a hockey town do you? Ice is for drinks in this state.

Then you pile on that the fact that they suck just about every year. Here's a sad freaking story for you. The Chicago Cardinals were established because they got some hand me down red uniforms from the college ranks, the Chicago Maroons. That's right, even their colors are borrowed and low budget. From 1920 until now the Cardinals are 2-5 in the post season. That's right, 2-5. One of those wins was the 1947 NFL Championship over the Eagles and the other was over the Cowboys after the 1998 season. Is it any wonder why I hate these pieces of crap?

Oh and on top of that, any time they play on the road or have a home sellout the local Idiot TV Producer is contracturally obligated to broadcast their game. Usually when that happens the other network nitwits don't show a game either so you are force fed the Cardinals here.

This year when they sold single game tickets for the Cowboys game you also had to buy pre-season tickets to the Saints game. They are a pathetic, low brow, stupidly run franchise that is never, and I mean never, going to overtake the Cowboys for popularity in this state.

I have been to games in their stadium where over 50,000 fans were in blue. It was beautiful I tell you.

Sorry for the rant.

To add to your rant, Bidwell was so upset about moving out of the NFC East when the league was realigned in 2002. His reason? "The Cowboys are the biggest draw, and we like when they visit once per year because the stadium is full". (I paraphrased, but that is what he said).

Wow, I can't think of another owner that openly admits he needs another team's visit to sell out his stadium.

:eek: