Carl Banks and Jim Burt Looking Good in Cowboys Gear

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
eh...you guys are just too young...you should have been around to see Gene Fugett (TE) and Calvin Hill (RB) playing for the Commanders....and that was before salary caps. Hill also played for Cleveland.

Your older than I thought Wayne. :)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne_motley said:
eh...you guys are just too young...you should have been around to see Gene Fugett (TE) and Calvin Hill (RB) playing for the Commanders....and that was before salary caps. Hill also played for Cleveland.

That was messed up. I LOVED Calvin Hill and could not accpet it when he went to the Skins.

Disturbing.

By the same token, it was also disturbig seeing Harold Carmichael in a Cowboys uni.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tobal said:
I don't think it would bother me. Randy White helped the Saints a few yrs back. The big question is why has no one asked White to speak to the Boys?

Didn't Calvin Hill finish his career in a Deadskin uniform? Don't think it bothered too many people here though, because we had Tony Dorsett.
I don't think it would bother me, depending on the circumstance they were there. Such as an ex-coach they played for and liked. And how they acted while helping.
Charles Haley would come back and help the Cowboys younger players after he retired. Even though he went back to the 49ers for a year, or so. I don't recall him going back and helping them.