Carpenter or Lawson?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I tend to lean toward Carpenter. Seems like he was on a better team and played opposite a talented guy in Hawk...I'm sure some of Hawk rubbed of on Bobby. Even though Lawson is a better athlete I just think Carpenter is a better football player. What do y'all think?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Carpenter. I just think he's been underrated playing his whole CF career next to Hawk

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
Carpenter. I just think he's been underrated playing his whole CF career next to Hawk
To me that more likely has the effect of making him overrated.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lawson played opposite a talented guy in Mario Williams. What difference that makes I have know idea. They are both good players but Lawson is another freak like Ware.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll go with Lawson there. If you look at Washington now, they are going to stretch the field. The Moss WR screen play will now be on both sides with Randel El.

So to counter that, we're going to have to have pressure on the QB and that person is Lawson.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
LOL...actually, I don't know why I bother. Every guy I've ever wanted the Boys to draft has not been drafted by us (Pollack, Tinoisamoa, Sopoaga, etc.). If I REALLY hope we draft Carpenter that is a sure bet that we won't.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Tass said:
I tend to lean toward Carpenter. Seems like he was on a better team and played opposite a talented guy in Hawk...I'm sure some of Hawk rubbed of on Bobby. Even though Lawson is a better athlete I just think Carpenter is a better football player. What do y'all think?

Carpenter, He's the better over all player, But I wouldn't be disappointed with Manny, what an athlete.

VThokie7

Reaction score
I want the one that is going to be better at generating a pass rush. To me that is Lawson, but honestly I don't really want Lawson in the 1st round

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy said:
Carpenter.

It's all about production and Carpenter has produced and Lawson didn't.

Lawson didn't produce?? wth?

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
I'd go for Carpenter hands down. It'd be nice to have 2 rushing terrors like Ware and Lawson on the outside, but then we're hurting out pass coverage over the middle. We need someone like Carpenter that can drop back and cover a RB or TE.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I like Carpenter the best, but I would probably be happy with Carpenter, Lawson, Wimbley or Anderson.

I see Carpenter and Anderson as better SOLB prospects.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
58 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks and he gets crapped on as not being a player? I get so tired of people saying this crap. Ware and Merriman got the same treatment last season.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
junk said:
I like Carpenter the best, but I would probably be happy with Carpenter, Lawson, Wimbley or Anderson.

I see Carpenter and Anderson as better SOLB prospects.

I assume you mean Mark Anderson. I don't think he'll be a SOLB in the NFL, he's converting from DE in college.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lawson does have LB experience and with 4.4 speed he should be able to cover in zone which is what 3-4 lbs do. Steelers LBs aren't going to cover any better.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Carpenter is a great player and more NFL ready. I think his best position is ILB and he'd be a great ILB in our 3-4.
However, we just signed Ayodele to play that position and I don't think Carpenter would be a great OLB. Lawson is a freakish athlete, freakish. I think Lawson could make a bigtime playmaking OLB. Lawson has more potential to be a fearsome passrusher and he definitely has the speed to run down Westbrook and Moss on all those stinkin screen passes.
I was leaning towards Carpenter until we signed Ayodele, now I'm think Lawson. He could be a star and playing OLB, he'll have the freedom to use his instincts and athleticism.