Carpenter played in the Cowboys' nickel package in Week 2

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Rookie ILB Bobby Carpenter played in the Cowboys' nickel package in Week 2.

Carpenter replaced Akin Ayodele but did not record any tackles.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
... and both provided an excellent impersonation of Claude Raines.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Carpenter looked really slow flailing after Cartwright on that kickoff return for TD.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Danny White said:
Carpenter looked really slow flailing after Cartwright on that kickoff return for TD.

I agree, he took a poor angle and looked very slow. I have yet to be impressed with this kid. I already didn't like his selection and he isn't doing anything to make me feel better about it.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
He wasn't in on all the nickel packages. I couldn't really figure out the rotation there. I don't think he replaced Akin either, since Akin doesn't play nickel.

It seemed to be some combination of Burnett, James and Carpenter, but primarily James and Burnett.

Carp got a bad rap on the kickoff return, I think. His lane appeared to be on the other side of the field, he was just one of the few that gave chase.

Singleton did nothing on the kick return and Roy got blown up by two guys. That sprung the return.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
junk said:
He wasn't in on all the nickel packages. I couldn't really figure out the rotation there. I don't think he replaced Akin either, since Akin doesn't play nickel.

It seemed to be some combination of Burnett, James and Carpenter, but primarily James and Burnett.

Carp got a bad rap on the kickoff return, I think. His lane appeared to be on the other side of the field, he was just one of the few that gave chase.

Singleton did nothing on the kick return and Roy got blown up by two guys. That sprung the return.

I agree. Carpenter did his job Singleton cowered out by not busting the 3 man wedge instead he ran around them.