Carpenter

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
What do you guys think of trading down in the first round a couple of spots, getting Bobby Carpenter and picking up a extra 3rd then packaging both for another 2nd?. It seems to me that the valve is in the second round, players we could use like Sinorice Moss, Maurice Stovall, FS Anthony Smith and a couple of decent OT's, maybe even McNeil falls in mid 2nd round. Just a thought.

ghst187

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
What do you guys think of trading down in the first round a couple of spots, getting Bobby Carpenter and picking up a extra 3rd then packaging both for another 2nd?. It seems to me that the valve is in the second round, players we could use like Sinorice Moss, Maurice Stovall, FS Anthony Smith and a couple of decent OT's, maybe even McNeil falls in mid 2nd round. Just a thought.

Would be outstanding, although I'd keep the two 3rds and use them.
I'd look for Jason Allen in the second.
In the third I'd look for the best OL and WR Jennings.
That would be an incredible draft even if we didn't get anyone on day 2.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I like that idea. Trade both 3rds for a high second. Except, I would draft either Holmes or Chad Jackson first if one of them fell a bit, then in the early second, I would get Jason Allen, followed by Kamerion Wimbley or Mark Anderson.

Pokes28

Reaction score
I hope to all that is holy that Chad Jackson doesn't become a Cowboy.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The explosivness and acceleration that Chad has is un-questioned. I would love to get my hands on that guy.

jbsg02

Reaction score
trading down a few spots isnt just a given, there has to be somethin there that another team wants bad enough.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
trading down a few spots isnt just a given, there has to be somethin there that another team wants bad enough.

Why did you go and have to bring reality into this? :D

Not to mention that we're being "picky" about how far we'd want to trade down. I don't think there are many people that would want to trade down into the second round. We're all mostly hoping to drop down 3-6 spots. That leaves only 4 teams that would have to really want our pick enough to be willing to trade down. Very unlikely.

If the opportunity comes along, great. If not, I'm content with staying at 18 and taking Carpenter.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
I hope to all that is holy that Chad Jackson doesn't become a Cowboy.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh
I'd love to have Jackson on the team even with the recent T.O. signing. It would be nice to have that position solved for many years to come as well.

Manster68

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade down for Carpenter if Lawson is already off the boards.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
It would be my dream draft. I see Carpenter as much like a Tedi Bruschi as far as his fire and leadership. He's already ready for this level though whereas Bruschi had to switch from DE in college to ILB. Adding picks is always fun on Christmas.

DocScholl

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It would be my dream draft. I see Carpenter as much like a Tedi Bruschi as far as his fire and leadership. He's already ready for this level though whereas Bruschi had to switch from DE in college to ILB. Adding picks is always fun on Christmas.

Agreed , Carpenter is who I want , no matter how we end up getting him .

dallasfan

Reaction score
I think Carpenter is a good 2nd choice if Lawson is gone. But I'd give Santonio Holmes a long look if my choice was between him and Carpenter.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Yeah, you know what i hate?, If we draft Carpenter at 18 then all the experts will say it's too high they should trade down a few spots, but if it's a player you really want then:banghead: why do that and take chance on losing him?.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Carpenter could play any of those linebacker positions, and that's what I like.
IMO, we can't go wrong with any of these players IMO.
Winston Justice
Michael Huff
Bobby Carpenter
Manny Lawson
Chad Jackson
Santonio Holmes
Jimmy Williams.

We should jump for joy if we were to acquire any of these at 18.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Hostile said:

The big difference is that Ted was a 3rd round choice, and the Pats traded down and got him anyway. Further, if we draft Bobby Carpenter and he gets as many tackles as Ted did his first year, this whole bulletin board would be screaming bloody murder and "waste of a draft pick".

Ted didn't come to big tackling numbers until his 3rd year.

David.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
The big difference is that Ted was a 3rd round choice, and the Pats traded down and got him anyway. Further, if we draft Bobby Carpenter and he gets as many tackles as Ted did his first year, this whole bulletin board would be screaming bloody murder and "waste of a draft pick".

Ted didn't come to big tackling numbers until his 3rd year.

David.

That's cuz, as Hos pointed out, he changed positions when he got to the NFL.

Carpenter wouldn't have to change positions.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
Yeah, you know what i hate?, If we draft Carpenter at 18 then all the experts will say it's too high they should trade down a few spots, but if it's a player you really want then:banghead: why do that and take chance on losing him?.

Agreed, not to mention I think the patriots are hoping that he is there at 21 when they pick. So if BC is who they would pick at 18, then go ahead and do it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
That's cuz, as Hos pointed out, he changed positions when he got to the NFL.

Carpenter wouldn't have to change positions.
I thought it was pretty clear.