Carp's Cowboys Mock

carphalen5150

Reaction score
RD1: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC--Closer to Keyshawn than Mike Williams

RD2: Anthony Spencer, OLB, Purdue--Legit passrusher who would be situational his rookie season

RD3: Tanard Jackson, CB, Syr--I see him as a FS, his versatility would be key...either way, quality add at CB or FS

RD4: Manny Ramirez, OG, TTU--Depth now and could be a starter a year from now if Davis moves to LT replacing Adams

RD5: Walter Thomas, DT, NW Miss CC--Massive prospect who will need to be monitored for conditioning

RD6: Yamon Figurs, WR, KSU--Electric return man who will be what Skyler Green was supposed to

RD6: Kyle Young, C, Fres St--Big, with nasty strength...fills a depth need

RD7: Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise--Athletic guy to develop

RD7: William Gay, CB, Lou--Underrated and could challenge for roster spot

RD7: Elliot Vallejo, OT, Cal Poly--Great technique guy, formerly at UCLA, developmental guy

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a bad effort Carp... I'm not a Jarrett fan but I wouldn't have a hissy if we selected him.

I really like Zabransky as a pick.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1460976 said:
Not a bad effort Carp... I'm not a Jarrett fan but I wouldn't have a hissy if we selected him.

I really like Zabransky as a pick.
I really like Figurs...he may not be a need late, but he is just explosive in the return game and I think he can be a WR down the road.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1460928 said:
RD1: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC--Closer to Keyshawn than Mike Williams

RD2: Anthony Spencer, OLB, Purdue--Legit passrusher who would be situational his rookie season

RD3: Tanard Jackson, CB, Syr--I see him as a FS, his versatility would be key...either way, quality add at CB or FS

RD4: Manny Ramirez, OG, TTU--Depth now and could be a starter a year from now if Davis moves to LT replacing Adams

RD5: Walter Thomas, DT, NW Miss CC--Massive prospect who will need to be monitored for conditioning

RD6: Yamon Figurs, WR, KSU--Electric return man who will be what Skyler Green was supposed to

RD6: Kyle Young, C, Fres St--Big, with nasty strength...fills a depth need

RD7: Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise--Athletic guy to develop

RD7: William Gay, CB, Lou--Underrated and could challenge for roster spot

RD7: Elliot Vallejo, OT, Cal Poly--Great technique guy, formerly at UCLA, developmental guy
I love the draft, but I don't think Spencer lasts that long.

chicago JK

Reaction score
excellent mock...maybe too excellent.

My main concern is a lot of those guys may be off the board a round earlier than you have.

Who knows though.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
chicago JK;1461666 said:
excellent mock...maybe too excellent.

My main concern is a lot of those guys may be off the board a round earlier than you have.

Who knows though.
I know...best case scenarios of course.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Love every pick except Jarrett. Huge Figurs fan

carphalen5150

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1461934 said:
Love every pick except Jarrett. Huge Figurs fan
Figurs is a favorite of myself too. Fastest guy in the draft and he could be our Hester.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1461936 said:
Figurs is a favorite of myself too. Fastest guy in the draft and he could be our Hester.

I can give you the proper contacts at K-State if you would like some film. They are one of the easier programs to work with. It may be a little late now for evaluation purposes but if he becomes a Cowboy it might be fun to have.:D

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Nice...but Anthony Spencer will be gone by the first ten pick in the second round, or taken by the Patriots or Ravens by the end of the first. I would love it if he go that low, but he is too much of a talent. Me thinks the Ravens will scoop him up, as they want a replacement for Adalius Thomas.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1462366 said:
Nice...but Anthony Spencer will be gone by the first ten pick in the second round, or taken by the Patriots or Ravens by the end of the first. I would love it if he go that low, but he is too much of a talent. Me thinks the Ravens will scoop him up, as they want a replacement for Adalius Thomas.
I'd slot Woodley there then.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Good job Carp. I like Meacham and Bowe more than Jarrett, but would be happy with this draft.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
I think if we go BPA (at least on the offensive side of the ball), I don't know if Meachem or Jarrett is the better choice, Jaretts' college numbers are impossible to ignore, as are his proday results...

Side Question (especially carp, since you took the time to make this mock) Do any of you guys think that we will draft a defensive player in the first?