Video: Carson Wentz Does Not Make Top 100 NFL Player

Kaiser

Reaction score
Jaylon will always get respect from players because he made it back from a catastrophic injury. He is better then fans give him credit for. I will never understand the hate on this board.

Totally agree, the problem with Jaylon's play last year was more about the scheme problems and not because he forgot how to play. Its the reverse of the Lael Collins at OG syndrome, fans would see one highlight play of Collins at OG pancaking a guy and declare him an All Pro. With Jaylon they see a missed tackle and say he sucks.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Why do people say Eagles fans are obsessed with us when there are always posts about Wentz on here? Who cares about Carson? Did Danny Dimes make the top 100? What about Haskins? Better yet would Romo make the top 100 if he were still playing today?

I know...it’s funny. I can count on one hand how many Dak threads there are on the Eagles board…and still have five fingers left over. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Dak thread there.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Wentz has completed 1 playoff pass during the four years he’s been in the league, despite literally being surrounded by Super Bowl winning talent and coaching.

He doesn’t deserve to make the top-100 list.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ugh...please buddy, you know I was joking, don’t get them started. I may regret ever saying that even though it was in jest.
Sorry if I was a little slow on this, but I really didn’t know if you were joking or not. Maybe if I had backtracked in the conversation it would have been more clear.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Dak wasn't in the top 100 last year either. So who knows where the 2021 list leads. Maybe Dak ends up in the top 15 and Wentz elevates to 99. : )

aria

Reaction score
Sorry if I was a little slow on this, but I really didn’t know if you were joking or not. Maybe if I had backtracked in the conversation it would have been more clear.
Ha...no need to be sorry man.

quickccc

Reaction score
i actually think we have yet to see Wentz at his best as there is still a question of the quality of his WR unit, imo

When we faced the Eagles i don't ever get nervous or petrified of their WR unit. They flat don't scare me at all.
-Desean jackson has arrived but at his age and the way he struggles to stay healthy, who knows if he'll even be available.

- Alshon Jeffries is just a decent-serviceable possession type. and another who struggles with drops and ability to stay healthy.
- many were surprised to see Iggles draft TCU's Reagor rather than LSU's Justin Jefferson so we'll have to see how that turns out.
And seems they have tried to get a newer personnel to accommodate him (just as Cowboys have did so with Dak - and have been
more successful at it.

The irony part is twice we have beaten them to the punch when it came to acquiring impact WRs, first we outbid them
for Cooper's services per trade,..and we did so again this past draft with selecting Lamb when rumors circulated that
they tried to make a deal with ATL to move up ahead of us pick Lamb.

but while i do think Wentz is a better natural pure passer than dak when it comes to accuracy, touch.delivery, etc.
but i now questioned if Carlson is a better QB-leader than Dak.
There has become a question with the leadership intangibles of Wentz and his ability to rally his teammates to believe in him
i had heard Carlson's teammates criticize him during the worse,toughest of adversity times, whereas Dak has the trust and loyalty
of his teammates, that's clearly been the biggest element when it comes to Dak's leadership strengths.

And it's a clear cut when it comes to being durable dependant and available. and it's such a crisis that Philly felt compelled to have
to select an emergency backup QB in the 2nd round in Jalen Hurt despite the media and fan outcry against the Hurt move.

Wentz is a good QB but he hasn't elevated to great - but ironically that's the same sense i place Dak in as well.
He's good but he's not great.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
many were surprised to see Iggles draft TCU's Reagor

Reagor fits a lot of what Pederson likes to do, he is great in space and can get up to speed as fast as anyone i have seen, Im not saying he is Lamb but when TCU had good QB play he was a top receiver in the NCAA. Dont punt the ball to this guy ever.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Totally agree, the problem with Jaylon's play last year was more about the scheme problems and not because he forgot how to play. Its the reverse of the Lael Collins at OG syndrome, fans would see one highlight play of Collins at OG pancaking a guy and declare him an All Pro. With Jaylon they see a missed tackle and say he sucks.

But the people who watched Collins and called him All Pro Quality were closer to the truth. That kid probably is going to end up being an All Pro at some point in his career if he continues down the path he's headed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The 2017 season will probably haunt Wentz his entire career. He was having an MVP season and that Super Bowl win could have been his.

Kaiser

Reaction score
But the people who watched Collins and called him All Pro Quality were closer to the truth. That kid probably is going to end up being an All Pro at some point in his career if he continues down the path he's headed.

I totally agree, but early on the issue with him was consistency. Fans would see the highlight plays but ignore his misses. He has become a lot more consistent and RT is a much better position for him also, IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, they just drafted Taco Charlton and Connor Williams with those picks.

They may have been better off trading those away given the returns.
That's not the deal though.

Browns got
2016 1st round pick (8th overall)
2016 3rd round pick (77th overall)
2016 4th round pick (100th overall)
2017 1st round pick
2018 2nd round pick

Eagles got
2016 1st round pick (2nd overall)
2017 4th round pick

That is not equivalent to just drafting Taco and Connor Williams.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That is not equivalent to just drafting Taco and Connor Williams.

You also don't make a trade knowing who the pick is. Dallas has drafted very well since taking Tyron Smith with Taco the only anomaly.

The pick involved in Wentz trade went earlier than our spot at Taco, the pick was used on Jabril Peppers. Right after that the Falcons took Tak McKinley, who Dallas liked more than Taco and who they would have drafted instead.

The pick in the 2nd round of 2018 was the last pick of the second round because it was their Super Bowl year and Dallas took Williams way before that (when they had a first round grade on him). The pick after that was Michael Gallup in the 3rd, which disproves the idea Dallas can't draft.

Also Dallas was only drafting late in 2017 because Dak Prescott had one of the best rookie seasons ever.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You also don't make a trade knowing who the pick is. Dallas has drafted very well since taking Tyron Smith with Taco the only anomaly.

The pick involved in Wentz trade went earlier than our spot at Taco, the pick was used on Jabril Peppers. Right after that the Falcons took Tak McKinley, who Dallas liked more than Taco and who they would have drafted instead.

The pick in the 2nd round of 2018 was the last pick of the second round because it was their Super Bowl year and Dallas took Williams way before that (when they had a first round grade on him). The pick after that was Michael Gallup in the 3rd, which disproves the idea Dallas can't draft.

Also Dallas was only drafting late in 2017 because Dak Prescott had one of the best rookie seasons ever.

RIGHT. Dallas should never trade all of those pieces for one player I don't care who it is. Its just not smart. To the Eagles credit it didn't hurt them. They got their ring and that's all that matters but now their team is struggling on the personnel front and aging.

Kaiser

Reaction score
RIGHT. Dallas should never trade all of those pieces for one player I don't care who it is. Its just not smart. To the Eagles credit it didn't hurt them. They got their ring and that's all that matters but now their team is struggling on the personnel front and aging.

Especially when they could have followed the Dallas strategy of not reaching for positions (not since Taco anyway) and just drafting well. If Philly had waited one more year its almost certain they could have drafted Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in 2017 instead of overpaying for a lesser talent in Wentz.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
There’s a reason Philadelphia used a high draft pick to select another QB in this year’s draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There’s a reason Philadelphia used a high draft pick to select another QB in this year’s draft.
And that's what would be disturbing to me if I was a Eagles fan. Eagles fans swear Wentz has no help.....so they draft a quarterback in the 2nd round lol. I'm glad they did. I thought they should've went wide receiver again in a deep receiver class and there were some good ones there. Hell even corner would've made sense.