Carson Wentz will play for Cowboys coaching staff at Sr Bowl.

cej757

Reaction score
Per Bryan Broaddus. This will be interesting. I like Wentz if I can get him in round 2. The only thing is if he does slide I'm almost positive some team will trade up to the top of rd 2 to get him on day 2 of the draft.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Per Bryan Broaddus. This will be interesting. I like Wentz if I can get him in round 2. The only thing is if he does slide I'm almost positive some team will trade up to the top of rd 2 to get him on day 2 of the draft.

I don't think he will be popular among teams that need a QB now, but I do think he will be popular among the teams that could use a QB down the road, near the end of the first round, like Arizona and Houston.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He won't be there in the second. His stock is rising and one team will draft him in the teens, maybe higher.

Some mocks right now have him going as high to the Rams at 11.

Historically, you don't see prospects viewed as Day 2 types rise up in mocks to Day 1 then settle backwards.

As far as I am guessing, he's pretty much out of the Day 2 discussion. If he makes into Round 2, it is not very far.

The other part is that he is a QB and somewhat developmental. Teams that like him will want that developmental year which makes him more likely to go in the late first.

waving monkey

Reaction score
this is a fortunate thing for the Cowboys.They get a full week to work out
[by some accounts] the best QB in the draft at a position of need.
If they determine he cant be relies on in two years to be the starter
then we move on. However, if they see him as their guy they might not get
him in the middle of the first even. A QB hungry team could jump in front of them.
If his that guy I take him @ 4.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I would not be surprised that if he shows well at the senior bowl, he is the pick at #4. Mock drafts are one thing, but true scouts have always had this guy in the first round.

thats my take.he will move up the board

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Dallas will know by Senior Bowl weeks end if Wentz is a viable prospect for them as they go forward.

They will definitely get an up close look of him all week!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I think he will end up being a round 2 guy. People want to try and compare him to Roethlesberger. He's not Ben. Not even close. He should go round 2.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he will end up being a round 2 guy. People want to try and compare him to Roethlesberger. He's not Ben. Not even close. He should go round 2.

I've been hearing a lot of hype around him. I think he's one of those guys that probably goes too early. I can't see him lasting in until the 2nd like initially thought. If you could get him with that 2nd round pick though goodness.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
this is a fortunate thing for the Cowboys.They get a full week to work out
[by some accounts] the best QB in the draft at a position of need.
If they determine he cant be relies on in two years to be the starter
then we move on. However, if they see him as their guy they might not get
him in the middle of the first even. A QB hungry team could jump in front of them.
If his that guy I take him @ 4.

What if Goff and Wentz are both there at 4?

Which one you going with?

waving monkey

Reaction score

First I dont know.
Second it aint gona happen. [Goff being there]
Someone I think knows a little something about
the draft thinks the top three are better then being
rated on the web sites. of course that then is my assumption.

I think we are fortunate this year to be in the top four.
But its got to fall right

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
First I dont know.
Second it aint gona happen. [Goff being there]
Someone I think knows a little something about
the draft thinks the top three are better then being
rated on the web sites. of course that then is my assumption.

I think we are fortunate this year to be in the top four.
But its got to fall right

Yea, I am thinking Cleveland takes Goff and flushes Manzel down the toilet........LOL

I think you nailed it about Wentz, if Garrett gets an entire week to coach him, watch him in practice, see how he handles our terminology, sees how he studies and how fast he picks things up in the meetings, and finally sees him under fire in a live action game..............it literally is the most extensive evaluation of a potential franchise QB I can remember there being.

If we are sold on him, then take him at 4 and don't look back...........who cares if Mel Kiper or Chris Berman laugh and say it is taking him too high. One mock has Wentz going #11 to the Rams, so its not like a total pick out of left field here.

This is a golden opportunity here, we should not waste it.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Yea, I am thinking Cleveland takes Goff and flushes Manzel down the toilet........LOL

I think you nailed it about Wentz, if Garrett gets an entire week to coach him, watch him in practice, see how he handles our terminology, sees how he studies and how fast he picks things up in the meetings, and finally sees him under fire in a live action game..............it literally is the most extensive evaluation of a potential franchise QB I can remember there being.

If we are sold on him, then take him at 4 and don't look back...........who cares if Mel Kiper or Chris Berman laugh and say it is taking him too high. One mock has Wentz going #11 to the Rams, so its not like a total pick out of left field here.

This is a golden opportunity here, we should not waste it.

Agreed. It's pretty awesome to hold a week long interview for a potential QB. If they like what they see and hear from him, they should just pull the trigger at 4 and take him. I really don't care where "draft experts" have him ranked.

These same guys ranked Brady and Romo as 5th-UDFA quality players.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm glad a few are seeing it this way [Wentz @ 4] I dont feel so left field.
It's will be one of the enjoyable off seasons seeing how all this plays out.
You know this horrible season feels a little less egregious if some how
we come away with our future QB who picks up from Romo and takes
advantage of all that we have built [OL].

I know this shootin way out into the maybe's future but everybody been through
a lot with this team and it would be great to get some continuation and throphy
case artifacts. Here's hoping.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Wentz at #4 now? Jesus it's ridiculous how quickly guys shoot up boards on this site. No way would I take Wentz at #4. Guy's only started one full season of college football at the QB position (in the FCS, no less), he missed the majority of this season with an injury, he's shown some inconsistent accuracy in the few games that he has played, and now suddenly he's a Top 5 pick. Absurd.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Wentz at #4 now? Jesus it's ridiculous how quickly guys shoot up boards on this site. No way would I take Wentz at #4. Guy's only started one full season of college football at the QB position (in the FCS, no less), he missed the majority of this season with an injury, and now suddenly he's a Top 5 pick. Absurd.

Lol I'm telling you. He could be the Cowboys pick in RD2 I doubt he goes into RD1. This site is ridiculous with qbs right now