Case Keenum

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s better than Dak. A little more accurate, about the same arm, maybe a little better pocket presence, worse legs, more prone to throw interceptions.

I don’t think it’s worth it... if we make a change at QB, it needs to be a stud QB who can carry the team on his arm if he has to.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s better than Dak. A little more accurate, about the same arm, maybe a little better pocket presence, worse legs, more prone to throw interceptions.

I don’t think it’s worth it... if we make a change at QB, it needs to be a stud QB who can carry the team on his arm if he has to.
You want to compare Keenum to Dak? You picked a hell of a time in each ones career to do that. Dak is the leagues biggest interception machine at the moment while Keenum is leading his team to the playoffs with a 7 game win streak. You are stuck on last year's laurels if you really think Dak is better than Keenum. It is most certainly worth a look to bring Keenum in for competition with Dak. Would he take Daks job? Maybe not but it would light a fire under Daks butt to do better. We can not survive with the way Dak has performed this season so far.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’d be a great backup QB here. It always astounds me the expectations people have for backup QBs. They’ll say “of course I don’t expect them to play like Tom Brady,” but that’s exactly what they expect in a backup.

The QB talent pool is the thinnest of any position in sports. Give me a guy that has some starting experience, can physically make NFL throws and has demonstrated himself to be mentally component and I’ll take that as a good starting point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has Browns written all over him ..........Hue running out of markers LOL

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wanted Keenum here a few years ago as our back-up to Romo, little to late now. I watched most of his games at UH and knew he had a little something.

I am not saying he is elite at all but if he were here in 2015...........that debacle would have never happened. Dallas would have been competitive at least.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wanted Keenum here a few years ago as our back-up to Romo, little to late now. I watched most of his games at UH and knew he had a little something.

I am not saying he is elite at all but if he were here in 2015...........that debacle would have never happened. Dallas would have been competitive at least.
He's improved his game quite a bit since his days as a Houston Cougar and he was already pretty good then. I think the Vikings would be foolish to let him walk away. But if he did, I would love to see him with the Star on his helmet at his next gig.