CB: New Stater in Big D?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Courtney Brown
Seventh round, 212th overall, CB, Cal-Poly, 6-1, 205
He is a converted wide receiver with a big frame for a cornerback. He did not allow a touchdown in his final two years and had seven interceptions as a junior for the Division I-AA Mustangs. He's physical, and teams rarely challenged him last year.

Hey, I say this kid should start on opening day UNTIl he gives up a TD! :bow:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i have high hopes for him, he could be the steal of the draft, at 6-1, 205 with 4.34 in 40, if he can play and cover, lookout,

JPM

Reaction score
Educ, is that you logged into CC's account ?

burmafrd

Reaction score
nah. He would have flat out said that now henry would be cut if that was the uneducated one.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
He really could have a huge upside.

He's got the speed. He's got some high quality mentors on the team (A. Glenn, particularly). Should be a very good situation for him.

He'll have some time to develop assuming he shows enough early to make the team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1480917 said:
Hey, I say this kid should start on opening day UNTIl he gives up a TD! :bow:

Do you realize the horrendous schools and talent he played against? Wait till moss, stallworth, washington and watson come rolling in.

Or he has to cover evans, burress, brown, s.moss, driver.

When he is ready to cover those guys then maybe he can play in a nickel role.

Please dont start these crazy start this guy thread, the competition he played against was extremely poor.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Yea but remember all you guys thought Watkins was a sleeper and you were right--but again I don't think at the time you meant he was asleep, which he was when he played early. Remember if it was that easy we'd cut all the vets right away. this guy is raw, he may learn fast or he may never learn ala Skyler Green--he was fast too...

Gaede

Reaction score
Skyler Green was not fast. Dude was slow, straight up.

Brown has a chance. I think his upside pushes Jones off the roster. May be another Pete Hunter though.

slick325

Reaction score
Hope he can contribute at some level. All I can think of is Pete Hunter.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1481078 said:
Stater?? :laugh2: Must be a new word in the English dictionary..

Got me Zoners....having trouble with spell checker today!

sago1

Reaction score
Brown had lot of talent but needs time to develop. He's all we could hope for at 7th pick. Hopefully he shows enough to push either Reeves or Jones off the roster. I'm just annoyed we didn't use an earlier pick to draft a CB who further along. On the other hand this kid might have enough talent to develop into starter material in 1-2 years and we know neither Reeves nor Jones have that ability.

However, I wanted us to draft a CB higher who could challenge now for starter role. Eric Wright was still on the board but understand we probably couldn't take him. It's really annoying how Cleveland could draft Wright and take no PR hit while we would have been criticized from one end of the country another for taking him. And Broncos get away with the same thing when they drafted DT Marcus Thomas.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
D-II competition is not nearly as competetive as D-I, let alone the NFL. Hopefully he can be good enough to play in the nickel defense, but I want a veterans back there in the secondary. Lets not get to Homeristic here and wait and see how he does in training camp.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If the Commanders had selected this kid, everyone here would be laughing at them.

But the Cowboys select him and he is the next Darrel Green.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He needs a lot of reps in practice, training camp we'll all be rooting for him, and in a couple of 3 years, he may be starter material.

But no matter what the competition is, when a guy is studly in any division, there is something to be said about his pride/work ethic and willingness to be the best. Let's hope he can translate that into the pros eventually.

BTW, good morning CC.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;1481311 said:
If the Commanders had selected this kid, everyone here would be laughing at them.

But the Cowboys select him and he is the next Darrel Green.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Agreed...Thank you for not bieng such a homer and spinning it. Let's wait until the guy gets into training camp and in a real game before we annoint him our newest shutdown corner