CB stats through two games

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
How do the Coaches grade the players....anyone no the metrics

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Antonio Brown TD was not Brown’s fault but he gets the blame for a safety not being where he was supposed to be due to Lewis tripping.

Take that play away and Brown’s numbers look much better.

Sydla

Reaction score
Id try Joseph. Like @rocyaice said, if we have a guy giving that up, you can get that from a rookie.

For the Eagles game, Id switch out Brown with Lewis and see if a smaller role helps. And how Lewis does with #2's

How many times is Brown gonna get beat deep by Smith or Q Watkins on Monday? LOL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many times is Brown gonna get beat deep by Smith or Q Watkins on Monday? LOL.
Im actually afraid of him on Reagor. My hope is that Hurts wont test us deep

Reagor hasnt been a world beater, but Monday could be a breakout game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Id try Joseph. Like @rocyaice said, if we have a guy giving that up, you can get that from a rookie.

For the Eagles game, Id switch out Brown with Lewis and see if a smaller role helps. And how Lewis does with #2's
I agree. And I like Brown as a 6th round pick. He’s been that and more. But they can’t convince me we don’t have better options.

stiletto

Reaction score
All they need to do is upgrade Brown 50% and the defense would probably get off the field on a lot more 3rd downs. I really hope Bossman can get his act together.

stiletto

Reaction score
I agree. And I like Brown as a 6th round pick. He’s been that and more. But they can’t convince me we don’t have better options.

I'd much rather face that rating with a rookie player. At least you know he might be learning something Brown is what he is, a below average to backup level player at best. Put the rookie (whoever) out there and let him take his lumps ASAP.

ghst187

Reaction score
Per Pro Football Reference

Trevon Diggs: 12 targets. 6 completions. 50%. 91 yards. 7.6 yards a target. 0 TD's. 35.8 QB rating allowed

Anthony Brown. 15 targets. 11 completions. 73.3%. 163 yards. 10.9 yards per target. 2 TD's. 148.1 QB rating allowed

Jourdan Lewis. 13 targets. 8 completions. 61.5% 66 yards. 5.1 yards a target. 1 TD. 68.1 QB rating allowed

hmmm trying to figure out whom to throw at…

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Per Pro Football Reference

Trevon Diggs: 12 targets. 6 completions. 50%. 91 yards. 7.6 yards a target. 0 TD's. 35.8 QB rating allowed

Anthony Brown. 15 targets. 11 completions. 73.3%. 163 yards. 10.9 yards per target. 2 TD's. 148.1 QB rating allowed

Jourdan Lewis. 13 targets. 8 completions. 61.5% 66 yards. 5.1 yards a target. 1 TD. 68.1 QB rating allowed

Just confirms what i been saying, Brown needs to be replaced asap once Joseph, Wright or even Canady is ready to go. He is the weak link and opponents know it. If i needed a big play, i would go after Brown. The sad part seems to me is his contract is what keeps him on the field.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I am not a brown fan but he gets ate up by technicians usually, reallly good route runners have him biting on double moves all day, I don't know if you can call any of the eagle receivers technicians yet.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Brown shouldve got pass int vs chargers too. He got lucky. As usual he didnt turn around

plymkr

Reaction score
Just look at those stats, Diggs is looking like a #1 CB, where the other two need to be replaced, especially Brown. Let's hope Bossman gets an opportunity to unseat him this yr.
When is KJ coming back? I just assume get the rookie out there and see what he can do if Brown is giving up 10 yards a pass and has a 148 QB rating.

conner01

Reaction score
His numbers look good, but he was the reason (fell down) why Brown gave up that big reception against Tampa and he also was the one to give up that play to Godwin. Last week they couldn't get off the field in many 3rd and longs, where Herbert really had his way against our secondary as a whole.
Who you cover has a lot to do with yards
Lewis numbers are misleading because he’s covering closer to the LOS many times and not down field
We need better coverage
Better coverage gives you another second or so to get to QB with pass rush
We need something from someone besides parsons on pass rush too which makes coverage easier
Getting better at both wins us more games