CBA Fallout - The Ripple Effects

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Interesting dynamics ...

You will have a bunch of UFAs trying to swing one-year contracts in order to get them to the real cheesecake (2007 uncapped year). Will that make them more willing to accept a smaller amount this year to lock in only for 1 year? Maybe Adam can weigh in on the further ramifications/possibilities of such short-term contracts.

You may also see the 2007 FA players really striving to excel this year to cash in next year. This could be great from an effort perspective, but could also lead to injury.

Finally, I think it will become very apparent, very quickly which are the most business-savvy organizations/owners.

The men are truly about to be separated from the boys.

Make sure you are stocked up on the popcorn, my fellow Zoners. It's about to get very interesting around here.

felix360

Reaction score
BulletBob said:
Interesting dynamics ...

You will have a bunch of UFAs trying to swing one-year contracts in order to get them to the real cheesecake (2007 uncapped year). Will that make them more willing to accept a smaller amount this year to lock in only for 1 year? Maybe Adam can weigh in on the further ramifications/possibilities of such short-term contracts.

You may also see the 2007 FA players really striving to excel this year to cash in next year. This could be great from an effort perspective, but could also lead to injury.

Finally, I think it will become very apparent, very quickly which are the most business-savvy organizations/owners.

The men are truly about to be separated from the boys.

Make sure you are stocked up on the popcorn, my fellow Zoners. It's about to get very interesting around here.

Hell i have popcorn, whoppers, nachos, pickel and big cup of coke, oh yeah and a kids pack for my daughter
haha :D

KingTuna

Reaction score
This could be unlike any other year in the NFL.

We may be able to land several STAR caliber players for a one year run at the superbowl this week.

Stay tuned..