CBoys Break Today

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Can't stop laughing at Taylor Stern's analysis of Rolando McClain....

"I'm really excited to see Rolando McClain finally have a full offseason. If he can just go in there, i'm pumped, I think that will be a major difference, answer alot of people's question's on the defensive line."

So it will answer our lack of depth at DE/DT? Especially DE? What does Rolando McClain have to do with our pass rush up front, that will answer alot of people's questions?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Another classic by Derek Eagleton...

"I think they believe that if they have a healthy QB, they have a Super Bowl caliber team (CBoys organization). And I don't know that I'll believe that too, i'm kinda in that same boat."

People still think that. Nothing's funnier that the IF game. IF Romo is HEALTHY. IF Romo can have another career year (like 2014). IF our RB's can have a career year as Murray did (in 2014). IF our defense can have an elite pass rush and IF our secondary can be good to compete with Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, etc., in the NFC.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"I think they believe that if they have a healthy QB, they have a Super Bowl caliber team (CBoys organization). And I don't know that I'll believe that too, i'm kinda in that same boat."

People still think that. Nothing's funnier that the IF game. IF Romo is HEALTHY. IF Romo can have another career year (like 2014). IF our RB's can have a career year as Murray did (in 2014). IF our defense can have an elite pass rush and IF our secondary can be good to compete with Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, etc., in the NFC.

I think that it could happen. Lots of things *could* happen. And the team that wins it all next year will have a whole lot of 'IFs' go right for them when they do it.

I think it's funnier people convince themselves it can't happen before the roster is even really set. The Cowboys will be competitive in the division. From there, there are way too many variables to know which teams will be good and which ones not.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think that it could happen. Lots of things *could* happen. And the team that wins it all next year will have a whole lot of IFs; go right for them when they do it.

I think it's funnier people convince themselves it can't happen before the roster is even really set. The Cowboys will be competitive in the division. From there, there are way too many variables to know which teams will be good and which ones not.

To be so called contenderrs, our d has to be pretty good. Maybe not elite, but up there near with Carolina, Seattle, Arizona. But I guess you have your fingers crossed we'll have a bunch of all pro rookies from this draft to help the d.

And everyone keeps referring to 2014, when Romo/Murray were great and our d did it's job in the turnover department. We didn't contend for the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl. Those teams that played in them contended.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
To be so called contenderrs, our d has to be pretty good. Maybe not elite, but up there with Carolina, Seattle, Arizona. But I guess you have your fingers crossed we'll have a bunch of all pro rookies from this draft to help the d.

I wonder what a stereotype looks like, when smug is mixed...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be so called contenderrs, our d has to be pretty good. Maybe not elite, but up there near with Carolina, Seattle, Arizona. But I guess you have your fingers crossed we'll have a bunch of all pro rookies from this draft to help the d.

And everyone keeps referring to 2014, when Romo/Murray were great and our d did it's job in the turnover department. We didn't contend for the NFC Championship or the Super Bowl. Those teams that played in them contended.

The point is, there's no way of knowing yet.

Do you remember the offseason prior to 2014? How foolish would everybody have sounded predicting a contending season at that point? The entire offseason was about Romo's back.

And you say we didn't contend that season, but I disagree with that completely. No, we didn't make it to the conference championship game, but that wasn't what the comment you quoted in your post was about. Eagleton's comment was about the caliber of that team, and he's got a pretty good case that we were of a similar caliber to the Packers and Seahawks that season.

I'd agree with you on paper that I don't expect our team to be an NFC favorite this season. I'd expect us to be a 9-7/10-6 team that'll contend for the East and that has a chance to get hot at some point. That's about it. But that doesn't mean the Cowboys can't be one of the 4 our so teams every season that jumps up and surprises all observers. That happens fairly regularly in a parity-driven league.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I guess you have your fingers crossed we'll have a bunch of all pro rookies from this draft to help the d.

Or we could wait until the off season is over and see what we have. It's March 30. The season opener is over 5 months away.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Everything went right for Dallas in 2014 and they still couldn't make it. They're a worse team now. It's not impossible but as of right now I don't even see them winning the division.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
that's what though shows are suppose to do is pump up the fan base to get every one excited and buying stuff other than one season this team has been a mediocre team when they figure out how to win consistently like the good team do then you can have some hope every year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Can't stop laughing at Taylor Stern's analysis of Rolando McClain....

"I'm really excited to see Rolando McClain finally have a full offseason. If he can just go in there, i'm pumped, I think that will be a major difference, answer alot of people's question's on the defensive line."

So it will answer our lack of depth at DE/DT? Especially DE? What does Rolando McClain have to do with our pass rush up front, that will answer alot of people's questions?

Terrell McClain plays DT. One of you just mixed them up.

Proximo

Reaction score

All 32 teams and their fanbases play the "if game" this time of year.

None of these teams can actually prove a thing until September so who cares right now anyway? It's all speculation and hope.

What I think is funny is how folks reference the 2014 season but never reference the offseason that preceded it. I'd have thought some of the fans around here would've learned something from that? Guess not.

Remember what the feeling was around here after preseason? How bout after week 1 when we looked like poop against the niners?

The point is, righ now nobody has a clue how good or bad we'll be. Aside from maybe the FO and players. And our roster isn't even set yet.