CBS Day 2 mock draft

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Need LB and DT worse than C, IMO. Might throw a RB in there since they have 2 -3rds now.

John813

Reaction score
Drafting a safety is odd to me, unless he has Holland level potential at FS.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
56 - Frazier, C, WVU
73 - Bishop, S, Utah
87 - Allen, RB, Wiscy

I am on board Frazier but the next two, ehhhh............ if the draft fell the way he has it, I'd go Benson at 73 and then come back with Sweat, McKinley Jackson or Trayvon Wallace at 88.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-board-plus-wrs-galore-during-rounds-2-and-3/
Where I am with what I want on day is getting a front 7 defender at 54, and adding some juice to the skill positions in round 3. You can get one of the 250+ carry HB's at 73, and WR in at 87 that is talented enough to be a 2nd round pick. VERY deep day 2 WR class.

Sydla

Reaction score
Where I am with what I want on day is getting a front 7 defender at 54, and adding some juice to the skill positions in round 3. You can get one of the 250+ carry HB's at 73, and WR in at 87 that is talented enough to be a 2nd round pick. VERY deep day 2 WR class.
WR is way down my list of priorities at this point. Sure would be nice to upgrade the second level of WRs we have but Hoffman is a liability at C IMO moreso than whomever we trot out as the 3rd or 4th WR.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Interesting day 2 mock but Dallas is not taking a safety in round 3 if Benson is on the board.

(assuming no Brooks)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WR is way down my list of priorities at this point. Sure would be nice to upgrade the second level of WRs we have but Hoffman is a liability at C IMO moreso than whomever we trot out as the 3rd or 4th WR.
For me it depends on who is there. I want talent, and the talent at WR on day 2 in the draft is very good. I have this team capped at 9 wins this year even with a grand slam draft. For that reason, I personally I dont skew towards immediats because I just dont think its going to matter. If my choice at 87 is Malichi Corley or Sed Van Pran, give me Corley everyday.

As weird as it sounds, I dont hate the idea of playing Hoffman. Not because I'm a Hoffman Truther, but I just see this team as capped as a 9 win team thats one and done. If they get in. For that reason, I dont hate the idea of seeing what we may or may not have in a couple players of that ilk. Its one of those my thoughts are my own type things, that no one is probably going to (or should) agree with. Its just how I see this team right now

MikeT22

Reaction score
Interesting day 2 mock but Dallas is not taking a safety in round 3 if Benson is on the board.

(assuming no Brooks)
Yeah, I like Frazier but doubt our top 2 picks are OL. Also doubt we pass on Brooks for Frazier.

The S pick is not realistic. If we don’t go Brooks in the 2nd I don’t see us passing on Benson in the 3rd. Otherwise I think we’d go DL or LB over S.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
56 - Frazier, C, WVU
73 - Bishop, S, Utah
87 - Allen, RB, Wiscy

I am on board Frazier but the next two, ehhhh............ if the draft fell the way he has it, I'd go Benson at 73 and then come back with Sweat, McKinley Jackson or Trayvon Wallace at 88.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-board-plus-wrs-galore-during-rounds-2-and-3/
I agree. If we get Frazier at 56 that would be fantastic. Don't think it happens if Brooks is there (and think Frazier may go earlier than that).

I see absolutely no reason to go with a safety at 73. I would be looking RB, DT and LB exclusively with those two picks. Benson and Sweat would be fantastic or Carter and Estime.