CBS' Final Draft Grades/Evals

DFWJC

Reaction score
I know, I know.....way too early to give REAL grades and it's just an opinion, but here are CBS' post-draft grades for every team with evaluations included.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...guars-at-bottom-of-class/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

NFC East

Giants B+

Cowboys B

Quality prospects at proper value for the Cowboys in this draft, although Tyler Smith is a clear-cut project. Sam Williams had first-round refined talent. The middle-round picks were awesome -- Jalen Tolbert, Jake Ferguson and Matt Waletzko -- and things didn't get significantly worse in the late rounds. Grade: B

Eagles B

Commanders B-

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know, I know.....way too early to give REAL grades and it's just an opinion, but here are CBS' post-draft grades for every team with evaluations included.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...guars-at-bottom-of-class/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

NFC East

Giants B+

Cowboys B

Quality prospects at proper value for the Cowboys in this draft, although Tyler Smith is a clear-cut project. Sam Williams had first-round refined talent. The middle-round picks were awesome -- Jalen Tolbert, Jake Ferguson and Matt Waletzko -- and things didn't get significantly worse in the late rounds. Grade: B

Eagles B

Commanders B-
I hear project when it comes to Tyler but his job is to create holes for the running game and stop teams from bullying the left guard/center hole.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I hear project when it comes to Tyler but his job is to create holes for the running game and stop teams from bullying the left guard/center hole.
Pass-blocking is also his job, and that’s where he needs a lot of work, wherever he lines up. I’m fine with the pick, but “project” isn’t wrong.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Pass-blocking is also his job, and that’s where he needs a lot of work, wherever he lines up. I’m fine with the pick, but “project” isn’t wrong.
The Cowboys can hide has pass blocking deficiencies by running the football. Nate Newton was horrible at pass blocking. I think Tyler is better. 21 years of age big pile of clay. I think it is going to be special with Tyron. Now we won’t be just be a right side running team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

NFC East

Giants B+

Cowboys B

Eagles B

Commanders B-

How do they give the Eagles a B? That was a straight up A+

DFWJC

Reaction score
How do they give the Eagles a B? That was a straight up A+
I'm assuming they based it off of value and where the picks are made. So if you pick early then of course you get better players, etc.
But yeah, even then.....seemed like a great draft for them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm assuming they based it off of value and where the picks are made. So if you pick early then of course you get better players, etc.
But yeah, even then.....seemed like a great draft for them.
Any way you slice it. They get an A.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

If he's being viewed as a tackle (which some of these draft experts seem to be doing), then he's definitely a project. On an island, technique would be a big concern. You'd have to say he's a bit of a project at guard also because of the technique issues, but some of that is mitigated by playing in a phone booth instead.

I think some of these draft guys, when they see him at guard, are going to be like, "Oh, that makes sense."

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If he's being viewed as a tackle (which some of these draft experts seem to be doing), then he's definitely a project. On an island, technique would be a big concern. You'd have to say he's a bit of a project at guard also because of the technique issues, but some of that is mitigated by playing in a phone booth instead.

I think some of these draft guys, when they see him at guard, are going to be like, "Oh, that makes sense."
I think the Cowboys have no interest in playing Tyler at tackle at all. The Cowboys wanted a big bully at the left guard spot. I actually believe Jerrah when he says he had Tyler over Green/Zion. The Cowboys probably see a Larry Allen when they see Tyler. I know when I read his profile at the beginning of the process, I thought he was the left guard we needed. His power will change our running game immediately. By the 4th game I think teams will be thanking the Cowboys for keeping Tyler away from Tennessee.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
My take is when a player has superior traits he can have loose technique and overcome flaws till he gets his technique down

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did not show the ability to do that against quality opponents without penalties. And NFL refs are a lot more flag happy with holding.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He did not show the ability to do that against quality opponents without penalties. And NFL refs are a lot more flag happy with holding.
We will see. Parsons did not show sack production in college. Diggs has more interceptions in one pro season then he had his whole college career. What do Tyler, Parsons, and Diggs have an common? Elite talent. Parsons and Diggs were hits. Tyler could be next.

Last edited:

The Realist

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys have no interest in playing Tyler at tackle at all. The Cowboys wanted a big bully at the left guard spot. I actually believe Jerrah when he says he had Tyler over Green/Zion. The Cowboys probably see a Larry Allen when they see Tyler. I know when I read his profile at the beginning of the process, I thought he was the left guard we needed. His power will change our running game immediately. By the 4th game I think teams will be thanking the Cowboys for keeping Tyler away from Tennessee.

Yep. See our history of moving college LT’s to OG (Allen, Martin, Leary, etc). We attempted it with CW but he was weak.

J-man

Reaction score
My overall grade is a B-. My individual player grades have two grades, the first are based on their abilities, not where they were taken. The second are based on value of the player, at that pick selected.

Smith B+, A
Williams B, B
Tolbert C+, B-
Ferguson B-, B
Waletzko B, B-
Bland C+, C+
Clark C+, B-
Ridgway B+, A
Harper C, C

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

NFC East

Giants B+

Cowboys B

Eagles B

Commanders B-
Nice ! We got some love !

cowboyec

Reaction score
agree with their grade.
B with a chance to be an A.
solid draft.