CBS gives Romo and Nantz Sunday off

Diehardblues

Reaction score
GKH0jex.jpg

This week, Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will get the week off.

“With Jim Nantz and Tony Romo calling two games last week (Commanders-Cowboys on Thanksgiving and Bills-Eagles yesterday) and CBS having a pretty atrocious slate of games in Week 13, Nantz and Romo will get this Sunday off,” Jimmy Traina tweeted.

CBS broadcast announcer Tony Romo, who was a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys throughout his NFL career, left fans with a viral moment on Sunday after he called co-worker Jim Nantz “sexy” during the Philadelphia Eagles’ home victory over the Buffalo Bills at Lincoln Financial Field.

Romo has become somewhat of a nuisance for CBS because fans no longer respect what he says. A week off may do him some good.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jim-nantz-tony-romo-wont-call-nfl-game-this-week/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No ... the "tolerant" snowflakes were out looking for things to get offended about. They found Romo.
Personally it’s appeared that Nantz hasn’t been as comfortable with Romo recently.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I keep seeing media say everyone hates Romo but I’ve never spoke to someone who thinks he’s a bad announcer.

Most people like the excitement he brings.
I know a lot of people who think he's terrible. His shtick ran old very quickly. I can't stand him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What the heck did Romo say to warrant him a nuisance?? I just don't get it.
I’d say more fans are realizing he’s just a big fan in the booth.

His schtick is basically just playing QB calling plays before they’re snapped. And being a cheerleader.

He doesn’t offer as much critical analysis or color commentary after the play.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
GKH0jex.jpg

“With Jim Nantz and Tony Romo calling two games last week (Commanders-Cowboys on Thanksgiving and Bills-Eagles yesterday) and CBS having a pretty atrocious slate of games in Week 13, Nantz and Romo will get this Sunday off,” Jimmy Traina tweeted.

CBS broadcast announcer Tony Romo, who was a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys throughout his NFL career, left fans with a viral moment on Sunday after he called co-worker Jim Nantz “sexy” during the Philadelphia Eagles’ home victory over the Buffalo Bills at Lincoln Financial Field.

Romo has become somewhat of a nuisance for CBS because fans no longer respect what he says. A week off may do him some good.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/jim-nantz-tony-romo-wont-call-nfl-game-this-week/
Love Romos analysis.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
GKH0jex.jpg

Hater...lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hater...lol
He’s somewhat entertaining at times but his schtick is wearing thin. He’s not the typical color commentator .

I watched both of those broadcast and didn’t recall his words which are being called out.

But Nantz makes more commentator calls than he does.

Motorola

Reaction score
No matter which broadcasting duo is calling the games...
what my eyes see on the TV is far more what I focus on than what my ears hear in the audio.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darrelle Lincoln said:

"Darrelle Lincoln" has supposedly written thousands of articles (link) for this 'Total Pro Sports' website BUT he is not listed as a writer for the site (link)? lol.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Romo called Nantz "sexy". He also complemented Dolly.

This is unacceptable to the party of "tolerance". They devote their entire lives looking for things to get offended and triggered about.
You would think the "tolerance group think" would appreciate the Dolly comment. After all, she has served the keepers well over the last few years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
GKH0jex.jpg

That Darrell Lincoln bozo decided to add that last sentence in on his own. Go back to your basement, dude