News: CBS has Cowboys trading Dak to Miami in their mock

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why would the Dolphins trade for Dak where Tua has a better skill set. Makes no sense at all but I am all for it.

Thats the thing.. Tua is a much more talented player then Dak and Miami can afford to let him sit for a year.

This would be the most moronic trade in NFL history.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Why would the Dolphins trade for Dak where Tua has a better skill set. Makes no sense at all but I am all for it.
Dak is only 26 and has proven that he can play and stay healthy. A proven commodity in this league. Tua, may have a higher ceiling, talent wise; however, he is a rookie that is coming off a hip injury. Doctors say he is recovered, but he is just a rookie. QB’s have been drafted high over the years as franchise players and crashed. Now, if your the owner of Miami, and your team has done nothing since Marino and you drafted and brought in QB’s year after year and you want that position settled once and for all; you make that trade and sign Dak. Would I call them stupid; hell no. If this deal was completed; analysis’s and players might call Jerry stupid for just getting two 1’s. We really don’t know what is going on in the negotiations. My take is that Jerry really loves Dak and wants to sign him long term.

John813

Reaction score
I doubt the entire Dolphins FO decide to all take bath salts to do that deal.

Their owner loves Herbert, fwiw

Rayman70

Reaction score
this isn't happening. CBS also said lets get nuts. THEY KNOW its outlandish. If we did that, it changes everything in the draft. It would be kin to the Herschel walker trade almost. Odds of that deal happening back then were small. But it did happen. We COULD see Dak traded, but it would have to be for the number 1 overall pick and a boatload of picks and players. Dak is a star, like him or not and he will Garner tons of value.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I doubt the entire Dolphins FO decide to all take bath salts to do that deal.

Their owner loves Herbert, fwiw
just picturing the owner and front office doing bath salts OMG ...THEY would have to be flippin gone. lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wish CBS was the GM of the Dolphins.
:clap:
And if I were Jerry Jones, the minute the Dolphins said, Dak for our top 2 (heck, bottom 2) picks in the first round, I'd have Roger Goodell on a three-way to witness the deal.

As we sang in Sunday School, "No turning back, no turning back!"

Questfor6

Reaction score
If in that scenario we are letting Cooper and Byron walk also give me Okudah, Ruggs, & Lamb with those 3 picks. Surely Cooper Rush could make that work lol...

morasp

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the picks, doesn't Tua have a significant injury history and isn't his current state of health is in question. If we tag Dak I wouldn't be disappointed if we looked at Hurts on day two though.

75boyz

Reaction score
Even those who love Dak, tell me how this is a bad deal.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...t-to-dolphins-in-outside-the-box-first-round/

In this scenario, the Cowboys draft Tua, Delphit and Lamb.

Yeah, yeah it’s not happening but it could happen. It’s probable enough that CBS ran with it.

From Will Brinson’s mouth to God’s ears.

I would literally go streaking Old School style in celebration if this were to occur.

Would almost(but still not quite) re capture my boyhood Cowboys enthusiasm with Roger if this miracle of events were to take place.

These things just don't happen to the Jones Family Cartel Cowboys but thanks for sharing anyway.

Beaker42

Reaction score