Video: CBS Sports NFL Head Coach Rankings - McCarthy 17, Payton 18, DQ 20

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ers-jim-harbaugh-returns-with-spot-in-top-10/

Andy Reid, Chiefs, SB Champs #1
McVay, Rams #2
Shanahan, 49ers #3
Harbaugh, Ravens #4
LaFleur, Packers #5
Nick Sirriani, Eagles #15
McCarthy, Cowboys #17
Sean Payton, Broncos #18
DQ, Commanders #20
Brian Daboll, Giants #21

Season: 5th with Cowboys, 18th as head coach
Career record: 167-102-2 | Playoffs: 11-11 (1-0 in Super Bowls)

From a resume standpoint, McCarthy deserves higher billing; his 167 career wins rank 18th all time, and his Super Bowl peak proves he can win on the ultimate stage. The issue is that, even provided an all-star setup in Dallas, his offensive touch has recently and consistently struggled to translate when it matters most: Despite three straight 12-win seasons, his Cowboys are 1-3 in playoff competition.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yes….. we know….

Dak NEEDS perfection around him at every possible spot in order to succeed.

We’ve been telling you guys this for YEARS!
17th ranked coach.

Just lost another almighty 20th ranked coach..... to Washington.

Had two mediocre coaches in the last 3 years. Add another mediocrity Kellen Moore.

Defense gave up 30+ points 3 times in his playoff career. Name me one player in the NFL currently besides old as heck Rodgers and Stafford whose defense has given up 30 points 3 times in career.

Overhyped players (Diggs, Parsons, Bland) no shows in the last 2 playoff games. Diggs literally no showed lol.

5:0 ratio sacks given up vs San Francisco first game. Dak sacked 6 times. Jimmy 0.

Pressure right in his face on a do or die 4th and 10 play and still nearly got it to Wilson.

Washed up GM done nothing in last 30 years in the postseason.

Name me one person who can overcome these hurdles. I'd like to you to name just one. I'll wait.

There's no God who can. It's not a matter of a perfect situation. He's just completely up against it.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
17th ranked coach.

Just lost another almighty 20th ranked coach..... to Washington.

Had two mediocre coaches in the last 3 years. Add another mediocrity Kellen Moore.

Defense gave up 30+ points 3 times in his playoff career. Name me one player in the NFL currently besides old as heck Rodgers and Stafford whose defense has given up 30 points 3 times in career.

Overhyped players (Diggs, Parsons, Bland) no shows in the last 2 playoff games. Diggs literally no showed lol.

5:0 ratio sacks given up vs San Francisco first game. Dak sacked 6 times. Jimmy 0.

Pressure right in his face on a do or die 4th and 10 play and still nearly got it to Wilson.

Washed up GM done nothing in last 30 years in the postseason.

Name me one person who can overcome these hurdles. I'd like to you to name just one. I'll wait.

There's no God who can. It's not a matter of a perfect situation. He's just completely up against it.

5ced19b2a3553f11afff5758f16c1c218087e19fb100e8ff87e867a1d402b2d9_1.jpg