Twitter: CBS Sports Playoff Wins for Potential Starting QBs

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Allen and Burrow likely on their way to a SB. In their tenure in the league they have done what is deserved to command a $55M plus contract.

Baker, Dak - not worth with tenure in league and results

Hurts/Lamar - big bets on upside - age is a factor here - worth it because they are young and have not been in the league for 9 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Allen and Burrow likely on their way to a SB. In their tenure in the league they have done what is deserved to command a $55M plus contract.

Baker, Dak - not worth with tenure in league and results

Hurts/Lamar - big bets on upside - age is a factor here - worth it because they are young and have not been in the league for 9 years.
Allen is in no way shape or form on his way to a SB with Mahomes in his way and the Bills ruining their team. Lamar and Burrow are on their way though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarred Goff took the long way, but as of today has proven to be the best QB from the 2016 class.
I agree with that assessment. The Lions' front office will be wise keeping and improving upon the pieces in that offense--especially with Goff's receiving options in Amon-Ra St.Brown and Sam LaPorta, plus Jahmyr Gibbs at running back. That offense has the potential of being even nastier in 2024 than last season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree with that assessment. The Lions' front office will be wise keeping and improving upon the pieces in that offense--especially with Goff's receiving options in Amon-Ra St.Brown and Sam LaPorta, plus Jahmyr Gibbs at running back. That offense has the potential of being even nastier in 2024 than last season.
Don't forget Williams who may be the fastest player on the team. They are loaded, no doubt but there are times Campbell gets a little too cute with some risky gambles.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Allen is in no way shape or form on his way to a SB with Mahomes in his way and the Bills ruining their team. Lamar and Burrow are on their way though.
This years Buffalo team will be interesting to watch this season. Very similar situation to the Cowboys this year in that they have some really good high end players, but some obvious holes that could make them pretenders from the start if some guys dont step up. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them make a playoff push just because they do have some top guys, but also wouldnt be surprised if they flop and did a mini rebuild after this season as they move on from some vets like Von Miller to free up some money.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't forget Williams who may be the fastest player on the team. They are loaded, no doubt but there are times Campbell gets a little too cute with some risky gambles.
I believe an argument can be made that several of Dan Campbell's coaching decisions cost Detroit its first trip to a Super Bowl.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak, Mayfield, Hurts, and Jackson. That seems about the right tier. Good, but not great qbs that need a great supporting cast

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This years Buffalo team will be interesting to watch this season. Very similar situation to the Cowboys this year in that they have some really good high end players, but some obvious holes that could make them pretenders from the start if some guys dont step up. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them make a playoff push just because they do have some top guys, but also wouldnt be surprised if they flop and did a mini rebuild after this season as they move on from some vets like Von Miller to free up some money.
I agree I’m interested to see what he does. They did him no favors. They want him to do what he couldn’t with less. I think they will do like last year and make a push to the playoffs…whether it’s good enough or not depends on what the rest of the afc does.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I believe an argument can be made that several of Dan Campbell's coaching decisions cost Detroit its first trip to a Super Bowl.
Blaming the coach when it's convenient is lazy man. You only get to make that argument if you are willing to concede that a boatload of stupid decisions by Garrett, Moore and McCarthy have cost Dak multiple chances at the Super Bowl. Remember when the Cowboys deferred against the 49ers in 2021 when they REALLY needed to get out in front and make the 49ers play uphill? How about Garrett and co and that stupid 4th and 1 up the middle in the 4th quarter when the Rams D had held our rushing attack to under 2 ypc all game? I just made myself mad just thinking about that crap.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blaming the coach when it's convenient is lazy man. You only get to make that argument if you are willing to concede that a boatload of stupid decisions by Garrett, Moore and McCarthy have cost Dak multiple chances at the Super Bowl. Remember when the Cowboys deferred against the 49ers in 2021 when they REALLY needed to get out in front and make the 49ers play uphill? How about Garrett and co and that stupid 4th and 1 up the middle in the 4th quarter when the Rams D had held our rushing attack to under 2 ypc all game? I just made myself mad just thinking about that crap.
Okay...