Twitter: CBS Sports Playoff Wins for Potential Starting QBs

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blaming the coach when it's convenient is lazy man. You only get to make that argument if you are willing to concede that a boatload of stupid decisions by Garrett, Moore and McCarthy have cost Dak multiple chances at the Super Bowl. Remember when the Cowboys deferred against the 49ers in 2021 when they REALLY needed to get out in front and make the 49ers play uphill? How about Garrett and co and that stupid 4th and 1 up the middle in the 4th quarter when the Rams D had held our rushing attack to under 2 ypc all game? I just made myself mad just thinking about that crap.
I know, damn coaches! If they would have made better decisions Dak would have a SB or two, huh? Is that what you are mad about?

plasticman

Reaction score
I appreciate the information.

So, out of 31 other NFL starting QB's this season, there are eight or about 25% that have won more playoff games than Dak Prescott.

I think that when we look at the perspective that there are 32 teams, it lends balance to the extreme rhetoric that we sometimes see when it comes to the criticism of a single player or coach.

With all his documented faults, meticulously organized by specific subject on this forum and others, there are at least 20 teams out there that would love to have our kind of issues when it comes to Dak Prescott.

I myself, have never forgotten the dark ages that started with Gary Hogeboom and Steve Pelluer, mercifully ending with Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson. We are also reminded from time to time whenever Romo or Prescott went down.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, well, look who is trying to start trouble, trying to take someone down a rabbit hole...sad.
Hey, wait a minute here! Are you Mountaineer or SteveTheCowboy? How many burner accounts do you have, TMC needs closure. Please let TMC gaslight you, that is his/her objective.

Damn it! I replied to myself...damn burner accounts, I can't keep all mine stright.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute here! Are you Mountaineer or SteveTheCowboy? How many burner accounts do you have, TMC needs closure. Please let TMC gaslight you, that is his/her objective.
Imagine me having a burner and using it to say "Yeah, the Goff trade worked out for both teams" as I'm being accused of lol

If I had a burner they'd all be benched because they would not be used for anything but causing trouble lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Imagine me having a burner and using it to say "Yeah, the Goff trade worked out for both teams" as I'm being accused of lol

If I had a burner they'd all be benched because they would not be used for anything but causing trouble lol
Who am I replying to now, you or SteveTheCowboy? Are you Rockport? Tell the truth! TMC needs closure!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Allen and Burrow likely on their way to a SB. In their tenure in the league they have done what is deserved to command a $55M plus contract.

Baker, Dak - not worth with tenure in league and results

Hurts/Lamar - big bets on upside - age is a factor here - worth it because they are young and have not been in the league for 9 years.
I am not as sold on Allen. he had 3 wins I believe in a covid season which was a little weird. but since then has not been that good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Damn it! I replied to myself...damn burner accounts, I can't keep all mine stright.
Haha nice deflection. One thing you gonna do is cape for bae….well done. :laugh:He’d never do it for you though.

Praxit

Reaction score
Blaming the coach when it's convenient is lazy man. You only get to make that argument if you are willing to concede that a boatload of stupid decisions by Garrett, Moore and McCarthy have cost Dak multiple chances at the Super Bowl. Remember when the Cowboys deferred against the 49ers in 2021 when they REALLY needed to get out in front and make the 49ers play uphill? How about Garrett and co and that stupid 4th and 1 up the middle in the 4th quarter when the Rams D had held our rushing attack to under 2 ypc all game? I just made myself mad just thinking about that crap.
....I must say, Ron . Good points taken my man.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Postseason win percentages:

Mahomes .833
Burrow .714
Purdy .667
Flacco .625
Wilson .562
Rodgers .524

Allen .500
Stafford .500
Goff .500
Mayfield .500

Hurts .400
Jackson .333
Prescott .286 (worst in NFL history with 7 or more starts)

Don't pay Dak, and don't listen to people try to justify Dak's failure on QBs with better playoff records than Dak. The historical results are clear, and damning. Paying Dak would be foolish. This is not hyperbole, it is pure numbers based upon history - Dak is 99% likely to never get it done if he hasn't gotten it done by this point in his career.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Postseason win percentages:

Mahomes .833
Burrow .714
Purdy .667
Flacco .625
Wilson .562
Rodgers .524

Allen .500
Stafford .500
Goff .500
Mayfield .500

Hurts .400
Jackson .333
Prescott .286 (worst in NFL history with 7 or more starts)

Don't pay Dak, and don't listen to people try to justify Dak's failure on QBs with better playoff records than Dak. The historical results are clear, and damning. Paying Dak would be foolish. This is not hyperbole, it is pure numbers based upon history - Dak is 99% likely to never get it done if he hasn't gotten it done by this point in his career.
Dak is so bad lol