CB's to FS?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I was watching the Senior Bowl on ESPN and watching Safeties cover WR's is a joke. I like the Pats Model of moving corner Eugene Wilson to FS. You need as many corners on the field as you can.

The CB i see in this draft that can be had early in 2 that can start Day 1 for us at FS. Corey Webster.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
I was watching the Senior Bowl on ESPN and watching Safeties cover WR's is a joke. I like the Pats Model of moving corner Eugene Wilson to FS. You need as many corners on the field as you can.

The CB i see in this draft that can be had early in 2 that can start Day 1 for us at FS. Corey Webster.

How about signing Dwight Smith to get some experience in the secondary? He is basically a converted corner.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
How about signing Dwight Smith to get some experience in the secondary? He is basically a converted corner.

Draft a Webster.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Draft a Webster.

I am curious, I know you are probably still working it out, but how would you like to see the first three picks shake out. I am having problems just because the team has so many holes that need filled. I think the value may come in trying to move down a few spots from 11.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
Draft a Webster.

I like Webster... If you are drafting him with the idea of moving him to corner.. what are you suggesting the boys do at rcb? Are you advocating a specific vet or possible vets you would like to see? I assume this means you dont want to draft another one with the prospect of playing a rookie at corner again? And what of Hunter, is there a reason you don't think he could make the switch?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I like Webster... If you are drafting him with the idea of moving him to corner.. what are you suggesting the boys do at rcb? Are you advocating a specific vet or possible vets you would like to see? I assume this means you dont want to draft another one with the prospect of playing a rookie at corner again? And what of Hunter, is there a reason you don't think he could make the switch?

I'd move down a few slots from #11 and add a 3rd. Trade Glover for a #2.

1 - Merriman
1A - Spears
2 - Webster - FS
2 - Baas - G

Trade the 3 for Ty Law!

Day 2 add Anthony Bryant DT, Sproles, Francisco FS - BYU

Sign Walter Jones, Kendrick Bell, Jarvis Green, Mohammad - WR, Ferguson

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:

1 - Merriman
1A - Spears
2 - Webster - FS
2 - Baas - G

Trade the 3 for Ty Law!

Glover could bring a #1 from the right team...

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:

1 - Merriman
1A - Spears
2 - Webster - FS
2 - Baas - G

Trade the 3 for Ty Law!

Isn't Green restricted? What tender will the Pats slap on him?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
Isn't Green restricted? What tender will the Pats slap on him?

But he's filled in fine for Seymour last 2 seasons in big spots.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Nors said:

I'm with ya on that thought process...even beat with the Browner post. Browner has FS written all over him 6'4/205...very phisical with good ballhawking skills. I think he is a stud FS waiting to happen.

Get him at FS an land Baxter from the Ravens and we are talking...