WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aug 12, 2008 4:19 PM
Camp Over In Oxnard, Continues In Denver

Posted by CBS11

The Cowboys worked out for the last time in Oxnard, California this morning. Dallas will depart for Denver where they will practice against the Broncos on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Dallas and Denver will play in a preseason game on Saturday at 8 p.m. You can watch that game on CBS 11.

Wade Phillips likes the idea of practicing against the Broncos, saying “Denver will bring it strong” when the two teams match up for practices starting on Wednesday. Tony Romo is also looking forward to practicing against the Broncos, saying it’s “exciting to prove we can go out and compete against another football team.”

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said that they are being cautious as to when Terrence Newman will return to drills. Newman has missed drills since the first week of camp when he suffered a groin injury. The team wants to make sure Newman is 100 percent before the team clears the pro bowl cornerback to practice.

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

Aug 12, 2008 7:14 AM
Heading To Denver

Posted by CBS11
The Cowboys will break camp today (Tuesday) here in Oxnard, but will travel to Denver to practice against the Broncos before playing Denver on Saturday night.

Good news for all of us media types. Jerry Jones left no doubt today that the Cowboys will return to Oxnard, maybe as soon as next year. I can't imagine a better place to hold your training camp in terms of weather, fan support and accommodations.

Backup quarterback Brad Johnson will get more playing time this week, and more playing time with the starting unit. It is interesting, because there are two types of players at a training camp. Young guys who are trying to prove that they can play at this level and older players who are trying to prove that they can still play at this level. Brad Johnson falls into the second category.

I keep hearing that Danny Amendola killed his chances of making the team by fumbling away a punt in the San Diego game. Please. I don't know if he will make it, but I am not going to write him off because he fumbles in his first professional game. That being said, I don't recommend that he do it again. I don't think he will.

Be ready for some fights in Denver. The weather will be hotter than it is here, camp is getting old for both teams and they will let off a little steam by scuffling. Count on it.

The Cowboys running back situation looks solid. Too early to, "send 'em to Canton," as one former coach who worked here used to say, but Felix Jones looks like a first rounder should, and fourth round pick Tashard Choice could be a nice bonus. And I am eager to see Alonzo Coleman get a little more playing time. He could be a player, but it may not be here, as the Cowboys most likely won't be able to keep four running backs.

Babe Laufenberg

Comments ( 1 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think I read the Denver practices are closed to the media? True?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2190234 said:

Correct. I also heard Champ wasn't going to practice. I guess they dont wanna break his confidence.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2190234 said:
Closed to the public. Not closed to the media, but live blogging isn't allowed.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2190266 said:
Closed to the public. Not closed to the media, but live blogging isn't allowed.
That's cool. As long as we can get some kinda word on what's going on.

Must feed the addiction.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2190280 said:
That's cool. As long as we can get some kinda word on what's going on.

Must feed the addiction.
To add

August 12, 2008
Pondering the Broncos
8:20 PM Tue, Aug 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

While I'm sitting here in the airport waiting on a flight (that will probably get delayed or cancelled all together), I've been wondering what specifically you fans want to read about from the practice sessions.

See, the Broncos aren't as media friendly as the Cowboys. Denver coach Mike Shanahan doesn't allow reporters to use their cellphones or laptops while on the practice field. So that means no live blogging of practice.

Tim MacMahon has gone home to Dallas. You guys are left with me the rest of the week. So instead of Live in Oxnard XXWhatever. We're going to get Delayed in Denver. Issue I and II will be out tomorrow.

I'm going to be on the practice field for two hours each practice collecting notes, quotes and whatever. I'm asking what do you want to read about. T.O., Romo, the defense, the let's-hope-they're-improving special teams?

Should I just skip all info about the Broncos, or do you want to read about them, too?

Comments (96) Leave comment | E-mail entry