CBS11 Blog: Commanders' Trash, Cowboys Treasure?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nov 9, 2008 11:49 AM
Posted by CBS11

Just because the Cowboys have the weekend off, doesn't mean they shouldn't be working.

The Washington Commanders cut cornerback Leigh Torrence to make room for the recently signed DeAngelo Hall.

Since the Cowboys play Washington one week from today, wouldn't it be wise for Dallas to bring Torrence in? Dallas needs to win 5 of their last 7 gamesto have a shot to make the playoffs, so they need to take advantage of every opportunity presented to them. At the very least, picking Torrence's brain would seem to be one of those opportunities.

Torrence is a 3rd year player who played college ball at Stanford. (Those Stanford guys are usually smart people). Put him on the practice squad. Sign him to the active roster. Take advantage of the opportunity.

According to the Commanders web site: "Leigh Torrence is a talented cornerback who provided excellent depth in the secondary and was a key member of the special teams unit in 2007. He saw significant action in the defensive backfield when starting cornerback Carlos Rogers sustained a knee injury. Torrence had 33 tackles (24 solo), his first career sack and 14 special teams tackles (10 solo) last season."

Dandy Killeen

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
good grief, it must be nice to be a fan of a team where you can have a normal season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lol

that stanford comment is definitely meant for laufenberg!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Won't happen.

It would require complex thinking.....something this staff hasn't done in a long time.

sbark

Reaction score
risky.......might upset team chemistry......:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Interesting. I actually am surprised that someone on the boards didn't mention bringing him in so that we could pick his brain or something.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Check his criminal record.

We have high (low?) standards here! :eek::

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
He wasn't playing awful as a Commander. I would like him.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we can release some garbage....Crapenter or an end of bench OL. Heck, lets send Henry packin.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's a solid 3rd year CB. Apparently he was very popular in the Skins' locker room and is noted as a very smart player and good STs player. Just got caught in a numbers game in DC with the addition of DHall. With Springs out, Torrance played a lot and did well on a pretty good defense. He'd be an upgrade over Quincy Butler and possibly another young DB to go with #31 and #32.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;2410469 said:
He's a Skin, burn him at the stake! :whip:

not saying much, but so was Brad Johnson:laugh1: . I actually like leigh. he would be an upgrade over Ball

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HomeOfLegends;2409963 said:
good grief, it must be nice to be a fan of a team where you can have a normal season.
That is the price you have to pay to be a fan of this team. It just goes with the territory. Always been that way and I suspect it always will be.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, not a great idea either. But room can be made by discarding either Quincy Butler or the 3rd string QB, Brad Johnson.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2410015 said:
Interesting. I actually am surprised that someone on the boards didn't mention bringing him in so that we could pick his brain or something.

That's because they already said it in the original post.