CBS11 Blog: Cowboys have lost their last EIGHT regular season finales

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary Note of the Day
Posted by CBS11

The good news is that the Cowboys have a chance to get into the playoffs. They just need to beat Philadelphia next Sunday.

Now here’s the bad news. Actually two items of it. Remember the last time the Cowboys and Eagles played? It was a Monday night, September thriller that resulted in a Dallas 41-37 win. The Cowboys needed every single one of their *then* healthy players (Marion Barber was 100%, remember those days?) to get the victory.

Now, this might be the REALLY bad news. The Cowboys have lost their last 8 season finales. EIGHT! They haven’t won in the final game of the regular season this decade, this century or this millennium. The last regular season finale win was in 1999 against the Giants. I’m not saying history is the ultimate predictor of the future but……OUCH!!!!!!

Going to be tough. I’m just sayin’.

Gina Miller

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2517924 said:
Scary Note of the Day
Posted by CBS11

The good news is that the Cowboys have a chance to get into the playoffs. They just need to beat Philadelphia next Sunday.

Now here’s the bad news. Actually two items of it. Remember the last time the Cowboys and Eagles played? It was a Monday night, September thriller that resulted in a Dallas 41-37 win. The Cowboys needed every single one of their *then* healthy players (Marion Barber was 100%, remember those days?) to get the victory.

Now, this might be the REALLY bad news. The Cowboys have lost their last 8 season finales. EIGHT! They haven’t won in the final game of the regular season this decade, this century or this millennium. The last regular season finale win was in 1999 against the Giants. I’m not saying history is the ultimate predictor of the future but……OUCH!!!!!!

Going to be tough. I’m just sayin’.

Gina Miller

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

Great!!! This will offset the meaningless stat of Dallas winning consecutive night games that we blew Sat. :laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well on the flip side, we have won in philly 2 of the last 4 years and we matchup really well with them.

Garrett has known exactly how to attack them and the team knows them well.

our defense is a good matchup with them, I think anyway. take away that bomb from mcnabb and make him make the tough throws and he struggles just like yesterday.

I want to win this game and listen to the fans up there attack mcnabb and reid so bad.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2517935 said:
well on the flip side, we have won in philly 2 of the last 4 years and we matchup really well with them.

Garrett has known exactly how to attack them and the team knows them well.

our defense is a good matchup with them, I think anyway. take away that bomb from mcnabb and make him make the tough throws and he struggles just like yesterday.

I want to win this game and listen to the fans up there attack mcnabb and reid so bad.

You and me, both, brother.

I'd like nothing better than to see TO blow up, beat McNabb, send him to Chicago with a bad taste in his mouth (no, not more vomit), end Philly's chance at the playoffs, send us into the postseason where members of this board can then clarify what they meant by 'trade Romo'. It could be beautiful.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
If we could please play man coverage on the outside all night. Please. I feel like we could win out if we do that all game, every game. Keep the Defense fresh and extend drives on offense and we can beat every team in the NFC playoffs.