WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DENNIS, ANYONE?

Posted by CBS11
Sunday Nov. 16, 2008

----Good morning from the nation's capital.

----Only one sporting subject of importance this week....Good God....WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE COWBOY'S SEASON TONIGHT?

---I saw several players roaming around the hotel here in Arlington last night...(some of them...just moments before curfew)...and my assessment in terms of mood would be....they are unsure of what will happen. They had that look in their eye. You know the look. Remember back to when you were a student and you were facing a huge test. You had that nervous look...you thought you were prepared...but you weren't quite sure...that "is everything gonna be okay?" look. I am sure when they take the field tonight...the look will be different...but headed to slumber last night...I definately saw that look.

---The big media discussion this week...and we are pretty famous for those...is all about WADE and should he be FIRED...or when...or what is Jerry thinking...etc etc. My position on this discussion...if the Cowboys roll over again tonight...I mean look as bad again like they did against St. Louis and New York...then tomorrow morning Jerry needs to boot Wade and his boots back out of Texas. All the horses...except Felix...are back ready to run...Wade has had two weeks to get their minds right...bodies right...if they don't respond properly and play the way we expected them to when the season started..then I believe they never will. There is a disconnect somehow between players and head coach.

---At exactly what time today do you think TONY ROMO will go into the phone booth?

---If the Cowboys are really bad...and get spanked tonight...first question to JERRY JONES...are you considering it now?

---Can you remember a 10th game of a season...that has meant so much?

---Shaun Alexander? Please.

---Shawn Springs beat TERRELL OWENS up last meeting. Time for T.O. to return the favor.

---PREDICTION....Cowboys 42 Commanders 17.

---We will discuss later...must get dressed for our biggest GAMEDAY SHOW of the season.

Steve Dennis
CBS11/TXA21 Sports

Comments ( 0 ) | ​TrackBacks ( 0 ) | ​Email | ​Permalink

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
a loss absolutely should result in wade's firing but we all know jerry won't do it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2420247 said:
---PREDICTION....Cowboys 42 Commanders 17.
After flipping around the dial this morning, I'd say that is a minority opinion among the mediots.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I am absolutely, adamantly opposed to any firing of our coach until after we have been eliminated from the playoffs mathematically.

Firing Wade Phillips puts pressure on all the other coaches as we are suddenly one coach short....there is no benefit to firing him until we are officially out of the playoff hunt.

Lose tonight, fire the coach, and expect to suddenly be a better, more prepared team next week? I don't see it.

For one thing, firing Wade would almost certainly mean Campo would suddenly become the interim coach for the rest of the season. He's the only one with the experience, and you don't want to dump that load suddenly on your offensive coordinator who needs to be focused on getting the offense and Roy Williams coordinated.

Nope....you can wait and fire Wade after we are officially out of the playoffs....doing it before then only hurts our chances.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
A little off topic, but I wonder why Danny White never receives any NFL consideration, in spite of his success in the AFL.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
wayne motley;2420750 said:
I am absolutely, adamantly opposed to any firing of our coach until after we have been eliminated from the playoffs mathematically.

Firing Wade Phillips puts pressure on all the other coaches as we are suddenly one coach short....there is no benefit to firing him until we are officially out of the playoff hunt.

Lose tonight, fire the coach, and expect to suddenly be a better, more prepared team next week? I don't see it.

For one thing, firing Wade would almost certainly mean Campo would suddenly become the interim coach for the rest of the season. He's the only one with the experience, and you don't want to dump that load suddenly on your offensive coordinator who needs to be focused on getting the offense and Roy Williams coordinated.

Nope....you can wait and fire Wade after we are officially out of the playoffs....doing it before then only hurts our chances.

I don't get this line of thought. Exactly how would losing Phillips hurt?
What exactly has he done that has directly helped this team?
Be a nice guy? That has wore itself out. He was hired to be Mr Fix it, I thought that meant fix the defense, he hasn't even come close.

It makes zero difference if Phillips is here or not, if any thing Jurha would be sending a very clear message IMOP.