cbssports: Yo NFL We're Tired of Its close, just get deal done

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Yo, NFL, we're tired of 'it's close;' just get deal done

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15295304/yo-nfl-were-tired-of-its-close-just-get-deal-done
By Mike Freeman
CBSSports.com National Columnist
July 5, 2011Tell Mike your opinion!

All indications continue to point to an end to our long, national lockout nightmare in the coming days. Multiple sources remain optimistic a deal will get done just in time for Brett Favre to un-retire.

But we've heard that before. Many times before and here we are again at another critical juncture for the season, only this time the two sides need to do one simple thing: Shut (expletive) up and get a deal done.

Sorry about the parenthetically salty language, but that sentence is the sentiment of millions of football fans. As the league closes in on a deal, fans have reached their Howard Beale moment: They're mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore. Only they're saying, Shut the (expletive) up and get a deal done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't know what is holding them up. We had a member here who insisted it could all be wrapped up in 1 hour.

Reaction score
Call me when the ink pen is out and both parties are sitting at the table signing documents/papers............

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3985897 said:
Yo, NFL, we're tired of 'it's close;' just get deal done

My sentiments exactly! It's like these guys are all following the Brett Favre method of decision making.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3985905 said:
I don't know what is holding them up. We had a member here who insisted it could all be wrapped up in 1 hour.

:lmao2: wonder who that was Hos?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think tomorrow will be key as both the players and owners get back together. Right now it is the lawyers who are going over the fine points.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Hostile;3985905 said:

I'm sure he just meant getting the coffee and donuts . . .