CBZ User Opinions: Question 1

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I came across this question and decided to make it a thread here. (maybe I shall make other threads with other questions too)

• What is the worst design ever?

I haven't completely thought about this to give an absolute answer for myself, but to start I will say Plastic Clamshell Packaging. Whoever designed it should be scheduled for a public hanging.

If you've ever opened up a CFL light bulb, you know what this is.

800px-Wrap_Rage_Example-thumb-615x435-88875.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Speed bumps. If I ever meet the jerk who approves them for any street I'm going to go to jail. This city has potholes that can swallow cars and we're putting perfectly good asphalt on top of the streets to makes more bumps.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
That's right up there with the old cassette packaging that was a shoplifting deterrent. It was as long as your forearm with all this hard plastic and a handle on the end.

I can't find a picture, but some of you that are my age may remember it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;4580785 said:
Speed bumps. If I ever meet the jerk who approves them for any street I'm going to go to jail. This city has potholes that can swallow cars and we're putting perfectly good asphalt on top of the streets to makes more bumps.

I want speed bumps on my street. I've got kids to worry about. If I could legally do it, I would shoot ever mfer that sped down my street.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Faerluna;4580792 said:
That's right up there with the old cassette packaging that was a shoplifting deterrent. It was as long as your forearm with all this hard plastic and a handle on the end.

I can't find a picture, but some of you that are my age may remember it.

His name is William L Morris. :laugh2:

Theft resistant cassette holder: United States Patent: 4,567,983 - February 4, 1986 by William L Morris of Troy MI.

The clamshell packaging actually has several inventors based on shape and stuff. Hang them all.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
What is the worst design ever?

Socks ........ because Sean Connery ****ing said so.

rocboy22

Reaction score
wittenacious;4580838 said:
As product designs go, some multi-tasking convenience options shouldn't be offered ... ever.

:laugh2: nice. and go post again for number 1K!!

CashMan

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4580770 said:
I came across this question and decided to make it a thread here. (maybe I shall make other threads with other questions too)
I haven't completely thought about this to give an absolute answer for myself, but to start I will say Plastic Clamshell Packaging. Whoever designed it should be scheduled for a public hanging.

100% agree! You pretty much need scissors to open this ****.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Pretty much.

On a side note, did you notice those 'green technology' lights come in plastic/petroleum packaging, while the old fashioned lights come in recycled paper?

Sam I Am;4580770 said:

800px-Wrap_Rage_Example-thumb-615x435-88875.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vta;4580922 said:
Pretty much.

On a side note, did you notice those 'green technology' lights come in plastic/petroleum packaging, while the old fashioned lights come in recycled paper?

One step forward, one step back. :laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Batteries...

If I need two, I have to buy three. If I need three I have to buy four.

You cannot mix one brand with another. So, I'm left with random batteries...I buy one brand for a flashlight and have one left over. The wife buys another brand for something else, and one left over!

:cool:

rkell87

Reaction score
5Stars;4580954 said:
Batteries...

If I need two, I have to buy three. If I need three I have to buy four.

You cannot mix one brand with another. So, I'm left with random batteries...I buy one brand for a flashlight and have one left over. The wife buys another brand for something else, and one left over!

:cool:
why can't you mix brands?