Cbz40 Game Day Thread | 2ND QTR | Dallas Cowboys 19 New York Giants 6

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
3 wides shotgun 2nd and 5

Manning pass caught, then breaks a huge tackle gets 15 yards, would've only been 5.

rcaldw

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3695768 said:
Horrible play call.... Witten is the epitome of slow. I would have rather seen Bennett get the ball.

I don't agree. I think what you are seeing today is what you will see EVERY WEEK, if you watch the Jets or the Titans. Today is about NO BIG MISTAKES. No turnovers in the red zone. No penalties. Take your points and play defense.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't like that style either. But I think that call was about MAYBE we will make a play, but it is safe, and if it doesn't work, we kick the FG and take the points.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping New York to a field goal will be a huge win for the defense at this point.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
SharutoX;3695787 said:
not gonna hate on mccann for that, he almost made a play on the ball
Good break on the ball but have to wrap him up at least.

wileedog

Reaction score
This drive is vintage Cowboys. Make a couple of big plays, get a lead and momentum, and then allow the other team to march down the field just before half time.

More work to do...

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
links18;3695786 said:
McCann looking pretty bad on those 2 plays.

Disagree. I liked his aggression on that last play. He keeps going at it he will get another pick today.

wileedog

Reaction score
rcaldw;3695789 said:
I don't agree. I think what you are seeing today is what you will see EVERY WEEK, if you watch the Jets or the Titans. Today is about NO BIG MISTAKES. No turnovers in the red zone. No penalties. Take your points and play defense.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't like that style either. But I think that call was about MAYBE we will make a play, but it is safe, and if it doesn't work, we kick the FG and take the points.

That's a good point, and I get it, but I don't like a play design that relies on Jason Witten making people miss to succeed.

Even a WR screen to Dez is safe and puts the ball in a better runner's hand.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
rcaldw;3695789 said:

I didn't think the playcall was that bad. The Giants came on a big blitz. It allowed Kitna to get rid of the ball quickly. He didn't have much time to do much else that play.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Our pass rushers just suck. Let's face it. They rush outside easily and create the pocket for the QB every time!

And Brooking could have had a pick. Come on old man

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and goal.

Manning shotgun - Manning back pass is NEARLY INTERCEPTED BUT CAUGHT, 3 yards.

hurry up

PASS IS DEFENDED GREAT BY SENSABAUGH ON THE 2ND PLAY.