CCR: Dallas interested in acquiring S.D. young QB Rivers

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Crazy Cowboy Rumor (CCR) - If Drew Henson does not work out (personally, I hope he does), and Drew Brees solidifies his QB future with San Diego with another superior year--QB Phillip Rivers will become available to the highest bidder.

Rivers is big, 6'5'' with a strong arm, although I personally DO NOT care for his awkward delivery of the football. That sidearm sling shot motion brings his height down to the Doug Flutie horizon.

His best asset is winning. The kid gets it done with a great mind for the game. He has poise in pressure situations. He delivers a nice easy ball to catch that even Terry Glenn would appreciate.

What do you folks think about the CCR? :lmao:

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Crazy Cowboy Rumor (CCR) - If Drew Henson does not work out (personally, I hope he does), and Drew Brees solidifies his QB future with San Diego with another superior year--QB Phillip Rivers will become available to the highest bidder.

Rivers is big, 6'5'' with a strong arm, although I personally DO NOT care for his awkward delivery of the football. That sidearm sling shot motion brings his height down to the Doug Flutie horizon.

His best asset is winning. The kid gets it done with a great mind for the game. He has poise in pressure situations. He delivers a nice easy ball to catch that even Terry Glenn would appreciate.

What do you folks think about the CCR? :lmao:
If they do, they will have to change his throwing motion to over the top :rolleyes: everyone is going to panic since DH has not looked good in camp so far, come to think of it I am one :)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
If they do, they will have to change his throwing motion to over the top :rolleyes: everyone is going to panic since DH has not looked good in camp so far, come to think of it I am one :)

This is exactly why it was a huge mistake by Parcells last year when he didn't play Henson. At least we would have know what we had to work with. He did the same thing with Rashard Lee. He didn't give him the chance to play when JJ was out. I will never understand what Parcells was thinking last year. It was like he had a mission to see that the geriatric bunch played.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
This is exactly why it was a huge mistake by Parcells last year when he didn't play Henson. At least we would have know what we had to work with. He did the same thing with Rashard Lee. He didn't give him the chance to play when JJ was out. I will never understand what Parcells was thinking last year. It was like he had a mission to see that the geriatric bunch played.
At least we would know, and would feel 'better' about giving Henson more time.

But Bill and his staff already knew DH wasn't ready..and Thanksgiving proved it (tho some would prefer to see multiple failures in order to be sure, I am glad Tuna spared the kid that).

It comes down to whether proving to us who is or is not ready is more important than proving to his team that when there is still a mathematical chance of getting in, you fight tooth and nail to do so.

He had a mission, all right, and that is team building and refusing to give the team even a hint that he had given up on the season.

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
"I will never understand what Parcells was thinking last year."

i think he was trying to show everybody, who's in charge. and i think the offseason moves and draft picks, prove he is.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Please stop bringing up thought's of last years debacle :eek: :) I am rooting for Henson,I just hope the pressure isn't getting to him/changing his motion to over the top,and his failed baseball attempt. Not to mention he is being annoited as the next great hope for QB. We shall see how it plays out ;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Drew Brees will do what this season?

53% Be one of the NFL's best quarterbacks

37% Slip toward the middle of the pack

7% Lose his job to Philip Rivers

3% Wish he was back at Purdue

Total Votes: 15065

Link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8704116?breespoll2

A current CBS Sporsline poll with over 15,000 votes recorded, reflect only 7% of the voters believe QB Drew Brees will loose his job to Phillip Rivers. Therefore, I cannot see how in the world the Chargers can justify retaining Rivers and his fat contact combined with the big contract Brees just signed.

In my humble opinion, Rivers would be a much better QB prospect then any QB coming into next years draft. Yes, I believe he will be better then Leinert (Sp?) from USC. Rivers is tough!

Opinions?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I recently started a thread titled :

and it was good communication about the COWBOYS.

It was moved to the Off-topic Zone?

I don't understand why? Did I do something wrong? Please explain.

Thanks

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I recently started a thread titled :

and it was good communication about the COWBOYS.

It was moved to the Off-topic Zone?

I don't understand why? Did I do something wrong? Please explain.

Thanks

I think because the title of thread was a bit misleading as if there had been some report of contact between the teams regarding a deal. I don't think anything you did was intentional but since last years off season with all of the FA rumors, the Zone is being a bit more careful about where the threads belong. Just my thoughts as to why it was moved.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
At least we would know, and would feel 'better' about giving Henson more time.

But Bill and his staff already knew DH wasn't ready..and Thanksgiving proved it (tho some would prefer to see multiple failures in order to be sure, I am glad Tuna spared the kid that).

It comes down to whether proving to us who is or is not ready is more important than proving to his team that when there is still a mathematical chance of getting in, you fight tooth and nail to do so.

He had a mission, all right, and that is team building and refusing to give the team even a hint that he had given up on the season.

I would much rather have seen him put more to the test than to have him pulled at the first sign of a problem. All for the goal of getting vinny playing time. I just think Bill blew it last year. Of course, as extreme_2K said, he was trying to show the world who was boss, no matter if it made sense or not.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cajuncowboy said:
I would much rather have seen him put more to the test than to have him pulled at the first sign of a problem. All for the goal of getting vinny playing time. I just think Bill blew it last year. Of course, as extreme_2K said, he was trying to show the world who was boss, no matter if it made sense or not.

I agree about Henson not getting playing time last year. I was griping every game after we knew the season was over (I don't care what the mathematical chances were, the Cowboys weren't good last year so who cares) because even though I'm not a big Henson fan, I wanted to know what we had with him LAST year, not this year or next year. I wanted an idea if he was a constant work-in-progress or if he was a bust or he was the next real deal. However, two quarters later, we still know no more about him than we did before last season.

As for the thread, given the popularity of CowboysZone, a LOT of sites use us as a news source, especially when it involves other teams. So, when someone posts a rumor thread, users from other sites quickly distribute it to other sites using CowboysZone as the source. When the rumor is false from the beginning or turns out to be false, it makes the site and the users look bad. This happened multiple times in the past so we decided to crack down on it. This thread would have been welcomed in the main forum had you not posted it as a rumor but instead as a "What do you think about ..." or "I think ..." thread.