CD Lamb and the Larry Fitzgerald effect

D4KADON

Reaction score
The year arizona went to the Super Bowl was the greatest WR playoff performance I’ve ever seen. We need to stop with the notion that we are a running team. We are not. As simple as that. We are not.

We need to use our strengths in this tournament and let Lamb and Prescott cook. If we want to go where we want to go, Lamb has to a monster and I believe he is fully capable of doing so

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's true that Dallas needs to stop wasting time running the ball, but the Arizona WR corps as a whole was far better than Dallas has.

Boldin and Breaston both were 1,000-yard WRs that year - and Boldin missed 3 or 4 games.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The year arizona went to the Super Bowl was the greatest WR playoff performance I’ve ever seen. We need to stop with the notion that we are a running team. We are not. As simple as that. We are not.

We need to use our strengths in this tournament and let Lamb and Prescott cook. If we want to go where we want to go, Lamb has to a monster and I believe he is fully capable of doing so
Its a little late to try and change at this point as far as what is scheming correctly, but there could be potential for an uptick in the running game with a Luepke getting some trust, Dowdle doing his thing.
May not be big names behind Pollard, but we have all seen much worse depth at RB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Secret ingredient is not letting him cook, in the first quarter, and finally going back to him in the 2nd half some time

Hardline

Reaction score
The problem is the Cowboys can't run the ball . The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl without a great RB . This teams offensive identity needs to be run first.
Ground and pound.
I want a stud early round RB in next year's draft.
Get that and the results will be immediate.
The whole passing league is a myth. The run to pass ratio is still similar to what it was 30 years ago.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It's true that Dallas needs to stop wasting time running the ball, but the Arizona WR corps as a whole was far better than Dallas has.

Boldin and Breaston both were 1,000-yard WRs that year - and Boldin missed 3 or 4 games.
You have to keep the pass rush honest, and that means you need a couple of effective runs.

Also, we gotta get better at running the ball on the goal line

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The problem is the Cowboys can't run the ball . The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl without a great RB . This teams offensive identity needs to be run first.
Ground and pound.
I want a stud early round RB in next year's draft.
Get that and the results will be immediate.
The whole passing league is a myth. The run to pass ratio is still similar to what it was 30 years ago.
Run first teams are outdated. If you aren’t pass first you are gonna find yourself out of the playoffs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either Schoonmaker is allowed to flourish or we have no shot.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I understand but if you can't run the ball in December and January, you are not going far.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

who has the notion that we are a running team? I dont think I have heard one person say that. We should be, though are not really, a balanced team and we should be able to do better at running the ball late in the game with a lead to control the clock as the Detroit game painfully showed we cant do.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I heard that we needed to unleash the deuce in order to flourish

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I understand but if you can't run the ball in December and January, you are not going far.
Depends on your team.

If the 9ers can’t run the ball then they’re screwed. If the Bills or Chiefs can’t run the ball then it doesn’t change much for their chances.

The Cowboys are built to get a lead then get after the QB.

Our run game has been a non factor all season and we are the 2 seed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

We don't have to be a running team to need to run more effectively. That would make everything operate better, including Lamb.

Hardline

Reaction score
Run first teams are outdated. If you aren’t pass first you are gonna find yourself out of the playoffs.
That's a myth. The 49ers and Ravens are run heavy teams. It's the total opposite of what you say.
Today's NFL isn't a passing league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a myth. The 49ers and Ravens are run heavy teams. It's the total opposite of what you say.
Today's NFL isn't a passing league.
What’s a myth? The top 10 passing teams are either playoff teams or still alive.

49ers are number 2 in the league in passing offense. They are not a running team they pass as well as the run.

Ravens offensive attack is Lamar.

Look at the top 10 rushing attacks…Cardinals, Bears, Falcons..dreadful.

Hardline

Reaction score
What’s a myth? The top 10 passing teams are either playoff teams or still alive.

49ers are number 2 in the league in passing offense. They are not a running team they pass as well as the run.

Ravens offensive attack is Lamar.

Look at the top 10 rushing attacks…Cardinals, Bears, Falcons..dreadful.
Bo Jackson
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders
Eric Dickerson
Would dominate even in today's game. The run to pass ratio is basically the same as today.
The 49ers and Ravens are the most likely the Super Bowl match up.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score

They also had a QB who was very good at making decisions.