Ced Wilson to the Saints

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
If this was something negative, the Tweet/X/Post, whatever we’re calling it today, would have started with, “Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver, Cedric Wilson…”.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Cowboys need to give their current WR's more opportunities IMO.

Turpin
Tolbert
Brooks

Bryant
McMath
Stephens
Durden
Cropper

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bet he's glad he got out of Miami. Gave him a bunch of money and then didn't want to use him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Bet he's glad he got out of Miami. Gave him a bunch of money and then didn't want to use him.
Wasn't that after Tyrek Hill and Waddle came along ?

HC Daniels is so infatuated with raw speed, that Ceddy got buried on depth chart until injuries hit.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would not have minded Ced for a cheap deal to replace Gallup.
You're kidding???

Cedrick Wilson Jr did diddly squat the past 2 years for the Dolphins: 136 receiving yards (2022) & 296 receiving yards (2023).

At least Michael Gallup contributed more the past 2 years for the Cowboys: 424 receiving yards (2022) & 418 receiving yards (2023).

Do some of y'all do any research before posting?

:facepalm: :huh:

John813

Reaction score
You're kidding???

Cedrick Wilson Jr did diddly squat the past 2 years for the Dolphins: 136 receiving yards (2022) & 296 receiving yards (2023).

At least Michael Gallup contributed more the past 2 years for the Cowboys: 424 receiving yards (2022) & 418 receiving yards (2023).

Do some of y'all do any research before posting?

:facepalm: :huh:

To be fair, Miami's offense really just focused on Hill to a fault the past few years.
It was even to the point where McDaniel was fine ignoring the TE spot completely from the passing game and just wanted a TE that could just block.
Once Hill got injured last year it was like the coaches and QB didn't know what to do outside of the 2nd Jets game when Tua/McD remembered Waddle was a good option

I think they had regret signing Wilson after trading for Hill in that their passing game was just going to focus on just Hill and then the scraps to Waddle.
When he did play offense, he looked like his time here.

I'm not upset over passing on Wilson, but I truly believe he was misused in Miami.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To be fair, Miami's offense really just focused on Hill to a fault the past few years.
It was even to the point where McDaniel was fine ignoring the TE spot completely from the passing game and just wanted a TE that could just block.
Once Hill got injured last year it was like the coaches and QB didn't know what to do outside of the 2nd Jets game when Tua/McD remembered Waddle was a good option

I think they had regret signing Wilson after trading for Hill in that their passing game was just going to focus on just Hill and then the scraps to Waddle.
When he did play offense, he looked like his time here.

I'm not upset over passing on Wilson, but I truly believe he was misused in Miami.
Sounds like the same lack of use has happened to Gallup the past 2 years with the Cowboys. Even then, Gallup produced more passing yards, yet some posters here would prefer Cedrick Wilson over Michael Gallup? Pfft, what stats are they looking at?

John813

Reaction score
Sounds like the same lack of use has happened to Gallup the past 2 years with the Cowboys. Even then, Gallup produced more passing yards, yet some posters here would prefer Cedrick Wilson over Michael Gallup? Pfft, what stats are they looking at?

IMO they are factoring in the contract value to player output.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Glad he got paid somewhere else. He wasn't worth the money miami gave him. I liked him at a very minimal price but very happy he got paid someplace else.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I would have taken him back in Dallas. If anything, him and Dak seemed to have a good rapport on the field.

dogberry

Reaction score
If the QB throws 35 passes a game, Lamb gets 13 targets, Cook sees 7, and Ferguson 7, not much to distribute to the other 10 players.

Not meant as criticism just a “truth” many teams face.

And the low numbers receivers may have been open on many plays just not chosen to be thrown to.