cedric Benson

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Whenever i see this guy play i love his style of running more and more. Naturally i dont see him as much as you guys in the dallas area but when i do i would love to see him in a Dallas uniform. Now my question is this:
If we get a stud on defense with our first pick and Benson is still there do we take a flyer on him??

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DoomsDayD said:
Whenever i see this guy play i love his style of running more and more. Naturally i dont see him as much as you guys in the dallas area but when i do i would love to see him in a Dallas uniform. Now my question is this:
If we get a stud on defense with our first pick and Benson is still there do we take a flyer on him??

No, absolutely not.

UNLESS

Julius Jones doesn't show us anything for the rest of the season.

BUT STILL

I'm not impressed with Benson, I'm really not.

I think WR is fast becoming a more critical need on the roster.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DoomsDayD said:

Bah.... Benson is an overrated t-sip.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Geez my hopes were just dashed...ah well back to drawing board.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Repeat after me......DeAngelo Williams DeAngelo Williams :D

You got that right. He's a more complete back than Benson is.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This is probably more of a Draft Zone thread...

Reaction score
bysbox1 said:
You got that right. He's a more complete back than Benson is.

LOL@comparing DeAngelo Williams, who plays against the likes of...
Mississippi
CHATTANOOG
Arkansas State
Cincinnati
Southern Mississippi
and who's team has a 95 SOS, to UT's EIGHT, yet his #'s are far less than Benson's.

Smart $ says Benson will be the 1st back taken, and in all likelyhood, won't be around by pick 10.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I too like Benson. I think he's the best back out there right now. I think he will make some team very happy but we'll have to see. Either way, I doubt we draft him unless Jones totally impodes.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
LOL@comparing DeAngelo Williams, who plays against the likes of...
Mississippi
CHATTANOOG
Arkansas State
Cincinnati
Southern Mississippi
and who's team has a 95 SOS, to UT's EIGHT, yet his #'s are far less than Benson's.

Smart $ says Benson will be the 1st back taken, and in all likelyhood, won't be around by pick 10.

Sorry, but there were better backs in last year's draft, and they didn't go till late 1st round. Benson will probably go 1st round, but not top 10. Did I mention you are a homer? :D

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Did I mention you are a homer?

That I am!! And I got the Degree, T-Ring, and almost 20 years of cancelled checks to
texasexes_logo.gif
to prove it!! :p

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
This might just be my homerism talking, but Benson looks much stronger and almost as fast as jackson with shiftier and quicker feet.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I liked what I seen from Brown in the auburn game yesterday. Williams looked good too, I just think brown runs tougher. Benson to me could be a Ron Dayne or Ricky williams

No_Hands

Reaction score
Benson is a complete back. He blocks and catches exceptionally well. He's produced at a high level since he was 15. He's gained over 5,000 yards at a Big 12 school. He gave up baseball to concentrate solely on football. He's on pace to gain 2,000 yards while averaging 5.5+ ypc despite facing 8 man fronts every week. The first man rarely ever makes the tackle and he punishes defenders.

I think he compares very favorably to Curtis Martin as a pro, maybe batter. If you're a GM and you thought that, would you spend a top 10 on him?

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled with Cedric Benson. He's been the model of consistency. He's bigger and stronger than he has been and it shows.

Most folks that hate Benson fall into two categories:
1. Texas fans that need a scapegoat. They hate the fact that they can't beat OU, and need to blame someone.....Mack Brown and Benson are the easy ones.

2. OU fans that have a superior attitude. These guys think that any player from Texas is inferior since they can't beat the greatest thing since scented toilet paper.

All year long Benson has ripped through teams. The only team he didn't get over 120 yards on was OU. Then he still got 92.....and remember, he was the only player OU had to concern themselves with. Texas has no passing game.

Benson is almost never tackled by the first man. He is elusive, and can find the endzone. He is the most complete package of the RBs this year.