Cedric Wilson on the way back?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Mike Florio just said it on the SNF broadcast that the Cowboys are getting calls about teams' receivers and mentioned Cedric Wilson might be one of them.
I don't really like $7M per year for a WR3, but Ced, CeeDee and Gallup do work together. They really can't stand being a running team tho haha.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike Florio just said it on the SNF broadcast that the Cowboys are getting calls about teams' receivers and mentioned Cedric Wilson might be one of them.
It would probably cost close to the comp pick we are getting for him

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't really like $7M per year for a WR3, but Ced, CeeDee and Gallup do work together. They really can't stand being a running team tho haha.

But that is not what we would be paying. He's got about 9 million guaranteed this year and next. Last year of the deal is not guaranteed. Likely restructure in 2023 to reduce cap hit.

He and Dak have outstanding chemistry and he'd be an upgrade over everyone not named Lamb or Gallup.

Mr_437

Reaction score
But that is not what we would be paying. He's got about 9 million guaranteed this year and next. Last year of the deal is not guaranteed. Likely restructure in 2023 to reduce cap hit.

He and Dak have outstanding chemistry and he'd be an upgrade over everyone not named Lamb or Gallup.
His base salary is 7M, so you saying they don't have to pay his base?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Didn't play an offensive snap last week. Only got 4 snaps today.

This would cost us very little.

I understand that. I'm just curious as to why he has been so useless in Miami. Has he been injured? QB play is inconsistent there, but I'd still expect more than just 4 receptions for him. Something is happening. Some guys just fit certain systems better and that may be the case with him, which is okay since he does fit the Cowboys system.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
2 ways this deal could go.

We send a very late pick and get a worse one back. Think a 6th for Wilson and a 7th in 24. That's us taking his contract as is.

2nd option is a better pick and Miami picks up some salary. For reference the Quinn deal had Chicago get a 4th in exchange for paying 4 mill of Quinn's deal.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I understand that. I'm just curious as to why he has been so useless in Miami. Has he been injured? QB play is inconsistent there, but I'd still expect more than just 4 receptions for him. Something is happening. Some guys just fit certain systems better and that may be the case with him, which is okay since he does fit the Cowboys system.

Not injured.

Likely not a fit in McDaniels' system. They've got a franchise tagged TE in a similar boat.

McD is doing a good job but clearly had so say in player acquisition