Twitter: Cedrick Wilson will fill in for Gallup

quickccc

Reaction score
Wilson is the utility guy, but he's near not as explosive and big play threating as what Gallup presents to a defense.
That's the luxury that we had in this offense with those three WR threats. It's a constant, pressuring challenge to opposing secondaries
and defenses.

WIlson is more of a possession guy. Unless he can get matched up on a 4th string scrub, he's not likely gonna pull away and overwhelm an opposing nickel CB.
He has length, he's usually a good catcher, and he has a familiarity with this offense.
He'll have to do until Gallup returns.

My issues with the Wilson's and Noah Brown is, they are mid range possession guys, they are not Anthony Swartz (Cleveland) where they can get over the top of
defensive secondaries in a eye blink. They don't have that kind of frightening speed.
Even Eagles seem to now have it with this Watkins kid. And there's McClure with the Washington.

That's why i'm still on the hopeful that we can come up with true raw blazing speed as 3rd and 4th options at some point in near future.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Wilson will be fine - not Gallup, but a solid #3, especially with a #1 & 2 like Cooper and Lamb. Also keep in mind that the TE's can be utilized more and differently to help take up some slack.

Great point on Jarwin.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Cedrick is a great utility player. Can run, throw the ball, move well, etc. A little skinny

Noah Brown is a great blocker with great hands.

They both fill different niches and will be involved.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Great point on Jarwin.
Jarwin is living off a reputation earned in a single game against a Giants team that had given up and was playing base defense one day to evaluate players. Not that either of our TEs are any good, but Schultz has earned his spot over the course of a season, not one flukey afternoon.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Pollard will probably get some snaps there too. He did a lot of slot work in camp if I remember correctly.

conner01

Reaction score
I'd probably have them both active.
I’m sure both will be active
That’s just 4
Wilson can play slot or outside
I hope he’s in slot more
I think that’s where he’s his best but he can make some plays and in space he can be a weapon because of his return skills

conner01

Reaction score
He can get open but he isnt making the tough catches like Gallup.

We might as well get used to this lineup because this is probably what its going to look like next season.
He is a step down from Gallup as a route runner and the challenged catches
But he’s probably more dangerous in open space
I hope he’s used more in the slot
I think that’s where he’s best

glimmerman

Reaction score
He can get open but he isnt making the tough catches like Gallup.

We might as well get used to this lineup because this is probably what its going to look like next season.
Maybe someone will step up. But I would think that if Gallup comes back and out plays Cooper then maybe we talk to Gallup’s agent. Would like to see how much he is wanting. Lamb is doing ok but had a costly drop that resulted in a pick. Now it’s only 1 game so I am holding everything back till I see him more. He could be a super star.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
While I never want/don't like to see injuries happen, I do love this opportunity for Wilson.

CWR

Reaction score
Wilson is a fine WR3. He will do well. Main thing is CD needs to hold onto the ball. He's going to get increased opportunities.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
My fav cats of Brown and Wilson should be enough to hold the fort down until Gallop returns. Not really worried on this one but hopefully Gallop will return soon. Go Cowboys!!