Cee Dee in the Slot?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is a slot receiver. He is dynamic there and with the ball in his hands. But, IMO, he doesn't have the the size, strength or route running ability to be on the outside consistently. Unless the Tolbert (or some one else) steps up big time, they will miss Cooper.

That is about as bad an analysis on Ceedee that I have seen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If he's in the Slot who are you putting on the outside? Pollard? He's gonna need to step up and the only way that will happen is if he shows he can out play the CB's on the outside. So he'll probably have his time in the slot, but you will probably see him lined up outside as much as we did cooper last year.

Step up? You mean like lead the Cowboys in targets, receptions and yards? Oh wait, he has already done that.

Ceedee was already the #1 WR on they Cowboys. Its one of the big reasons we could punt Cooper.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
CeeDee isn't fast nor strong. So his skill set is more suitable for the slot. They would be stupid not to put him there at times. But moving him around would be our best option.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You might as well just leave football analysis to someone else there buddy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can if they can find talented receivers.

Can’t just bank on finding talented receivers all the time. If you’re going build a great team you have to hang onto good players. Some are under the opinion that if a player wants too much money just move on from them and add a cheaper option. You’ll never build a championship team with that mentality.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going to be a challenge trying to play matchups early on with Gallup out, a rookie and Washington as the other WR's. Tolbert's development and Washington's presence will have a lot to say how they can use Lamb early on.

Lamb has yet to prove he can carry that WR1 role wherever he lines up but initially, he will draw one of their best 2 CB's, if not their #1 until the other WR's make them pay.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ceedee is plenty fast and plenty strong enough. I honestly have no idea what team you guys are watching some of the time.

Arent you also a Dak is average guy?
No I'm not a Dak average. Dak is good to win it all if he had a stout defense. Dallas could build a powerhouse defense if they weren't spending so much money on positions were average would be just fine at. I think Tank is average though.

CeeDee has strong hands and he's quick. He does have the speed to out right beat a guy on a fly route. And he struggles at times to beat a good press corner off the line. That doesn't mean he won't succeed in the outside, it just means they'd be stupid not to use his quickness to their advantage in the slot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t just bank on finding talented receivers all the time. If you’re going build a great team you have to hang onto good players. Some are under the opinion that if a player wants too much money just move on from them and add a cheaper option. You’ll never build a championship team with that mentality.
Yes you can, paying WR1's 25M will not fly with this club. Not talking about a cheaper option but a newer one.

The WR position is the most plentiful in every draft, they just have to make sure they're picking them high enough in every other draft. Same with RB's.

The good players they need to keep are along both lines and at QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes you can, paying WR1's 25M will not fly with this club. Not talking about a cheaper option but a newer one.

The WR position is the most plentiful in every draft, they just have to make sure they're picking them high enough in every other draft. Same with RB's.

The good players they need to keep are along both lines and at QB.

A newer option doesn’t mean a better option and a newer option would be a cheaper option if you don’t want to pay the player you have. We have a cheaper option replacing Amari Cooper. I don’t care how plentiful a wide receiver crop is it doesn’t mean everyone of them will develop into solid players. We went with newer options heading into the 2018 season and it was a disaster because they weren’t good players. If we continue allowing good players to get away for cheaper options we’re going to spend a lot of time picking in the top 15 of the draft. You can’t allow your $40 million a year QB to lose key weapons.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A newer option doesn’t mean a better option and a newer option would be a cheaper option if you don’t want to pay the player you have. We have a cheaper option replacing Amari Cooper. I don’t care how plentiful a wide receiver crop is it doesn’t mean everyone of them will develop into solid players. We went with newer options heading into the 2018 season and it was a disaster because they weren’t good players. If we continue allowing good players to get away for cheaper options we’re going to spend a lot of time picking in the top 15 of the draft. You can’t allow your $40 million a year QB to lose key weapons.
Something has to give? Teams paying WR's 25M aren't paying RB's 15.

We are seeing WRBC, WR By Commitee, emerging just as we did with RB's and it's going to be about the corps, just as it was with the Rams this past season and they let Woods go and signed Robinson with Kupp still there.

Too often that 25M WR is on the sideline and that is putting too many eggs in a basket.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

We are seeing WRBC, WR By Commitee, emerging just as we did with RB's and it's going to be about the corps, just as it was with the Rams this past season and they let Woods go and signed Robinson with Kupp still there.

Too often that 25M WR is on the sideline and that is putting too many eggs in a basket.

True but the cap will continue to rise, in 2024 the projected cap will be 260 mill

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

We ended up getting stuck with Zeke’s contract. We would’ve been a lot better off moving on from him and keeping Cooper but he’s guaranteed a lot of money. The loss of talent at WR could affect Dak’s game this season. We moved on from our best receiver. By committee has never worked at any position for the Cowboys. If you’re working by committee you’re lacking something.

J-man

Reaction score
That is about as bad an analysis on Ceedee that I have seen.
Really? Than I'd say that you either haven't watch CD very closely. Or that you're just infatuated with him and see not ills.
Either way, you're wrong. My analysis of him is accurate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Really? Than I'd say that you either haven't watch CD very closely. Or that you're just infatuated with him and see not ills.
Either way, you're wrong. My analysis of him is accurate.

Your analysis isnt even close to accurate. But like everything else, we will find out soon enough.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Your analysis isnt even close to accurate. But like everything else, we will find out soon enough.
I just worry about how CD will do while being double-teamed. He hasn't seen much D-T since coming here.