Video: Cee Dee Lamb is going to change our offense and help Dak cash in

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’m ecstatic we somehow nabbed Lamb.

Chaisson was my target but the BPA was the right choice.

I’m guessing the team wasn’t going to make the same mistake it did with Charlton over Watt. Different scenarios but you take BPA over need or better scheme fit. The latter fits with MM’s mantra of just getting the best player available and he’ll make it work.

I’ll never forgive Marenelli for his rigid brain dead approach to the DL, nor the FO for giving him too much sway on what types of players we brought in.
Jerrah?

I think the whole thing about Garrett and Jerrah supporting him just never worked.

Jerrah dreamed Garrett would be his next Jimster and Garrett never had the experience.

Jerrah had to keep injecting himself with Garrett to try to overcome Garrett's issues.

It was just the whole wrong thing to do.

Big Mike is a total change. He can run the team, make decisions on using his experience and Jerrah and Stephen can just manage their real estate holdings and sail on Jerrah's yatch.

Perfect storm for us hopefully.

:dance:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correct. I'm glad they took the common sense approach and grabbed the better football player rather than draft an inferior player in Chaisson just because he plays at a position where there's a bigger need.

Yes, as if Garrett and Rod were here, Chaisson would have been the pick. Then we could not have punked the Eagles.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Damn, just how much help does Dak need to get paid :facepalm:

I'm Tangle_Foot and I approve of this wide receiver:flagwave:

I'm ready for some football:)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good grief -- that CD video practically made me drool. The technique in running the routes was something to behold and what happened after the catches was even better. He highpoints the ball about as awesomely as anyone I've seen yet. Put it all together and you've got Cee Dee running the show on Sundays. I cannot wait to see him if and when the season commences. Whatever -- it'll be worth waiting for. ;)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Couldn’t have said it any better. He was top 6 on our board and the fact he fell to us was a blessing. Let’s see what 88 can do year one
Cee Dee dropping to us was like when we got both Dak and Zeke in the same draft.

This guy if he stays healthy will ignite this team and improve everybody.

We know how things work.

:omg:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Good grief -- that CD video practically made me drool. The technique in running the routes was something to behold and what happened after the catches was even better. He highpoints the ball about as awesomely as anyone I've seen yet. Put it all together and you've got Cee Dee running the show on Sundays. I cannot wait to see him if and when the season commences. Whatever -- it'll be worth waiting for. ;)
Yeah..

I have another article to add to this discussion..

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/06/05/dallas-cowboysbest-receiving-group-nfl/

lostar2009

Reaction score
Cee Dee may catch more Dak balls and help this offense out but that's it. I don't care if Dak win MVP if we don't make it to at least the NFCC same offer on the table.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes, Lamb really should help, but kind of like taking sand to the beach.
Dak is already surrounded by more luxury on offense than almost any other QB.
Oline, Zeke, Cooper, Gallup...now Lamb:omg:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The franchise tag will pay him at least 31 million this year. All he has to do is sign it. That's cashing in.

I meant cashing in of the new contract kind. People can "hope" it'll just be the franchise tag all they want but like Agent Smith said, "It is .... inevitable."

This line works really well if your last name is Anderson.

Hardline

Reaction score
I meant cashing in of the new contract kind. People can "hope" it'll just be the franchise tag all they want but like Agent Smith said, "It is .... inevitable."

This line works really well if your last name is Anderson.
That's most likely not happening this year. The two sides are dug in and won't budge.
Dak only gets a new contract if he comes back down to reality.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's most likely not happening this year. The two sides are dug in and won't budge.
Dak only gets a new contract if he comes back down to reality.

Lol. There are 5+ weeks to go to cut a deal. "Most likely not happening this year" is just hope-posting. The front office has said Dak is their guy. It's happening this year. Dak-deniers can tell themselves what they want but I'm curious what they'll say when he signs. When Zeke made the front office eat their words, Zeke-deniers were like, "Oh this is a really good contract for the team," lol.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol. There are 5+ weeks to go to cut a deal. "Most likely not happening this year" is just hope-posting. The front office has said Dak is their guy. It's happening this year. Dak-deniers can tell themselves what they want but I'm curious what they'll say when he signs. When Zeke made the front office eat their words, Zeke-deniers were like, "Oh this is a really good contract for the team," lol.

You keep following the official narrative.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I see Cee Dee as a key for Dak to get his new contract in 2021.

I know a few of us love this pick.

But there are a few of us saying we should have picked defense with our #1.

That pick Dallas may have choked on drafting him #1 instead of a defensive player #1.

It's just too early to know.

But I know one thing..we are going to have to pray the cap goes a lot high over the next couple of seasons if we are going to pay out this money to this WR corp.

To me, the trend is to score lots of points and out sprint the other team to the winner circle. Forcing other teams out of their comfort levels and having to play catchup to beat us is to our advantage.

Grinding it out and trying to play shutdown defense is not going to be our formula for success. We have tried that for 4 years now since Dak and Zeke arrived.

No dice. Teams have figured out how to defense it.

Neither is depending on Zeke and the OL to be what they have been in the past. Injuries and attrition will take its toll.

We are going to need more defensive improvement to be sure.

But I can not help but wonder and dream about scoring 40+ points a game with our offense.

You?

wonder if Dak has even called CDL....

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
wonder if Dak has even called CDL....
Who knows?

The way it's all private and reporters are not interviewing much does not help us at all.

It's like trying to look at the world thru a bottom of a coke bottle.

Can't see anything.