Cee Dee's Interesting comments about last week

If he didn't fully extend his arms it's not pushing off. It's the Michael Irvin rule. We should all know it.
I’m aware of the rules and not looking for an argument. I think he pushed off but I appreciate you have a different opinion. And I appreciate you telling me what I should know.
 
You are correct. This is not Madden.

The quarterback determines the football's path before it leaves his hand. The arrow represents where Dak Prescott was positioned when he released the ball and where he could have aimed the ball. The receiver and defender are irrelevant to your counterpoint since the quarterback is throwing the ball to an endpoint where his receiver will catch it.

If necessary, I can post a still image of where the ball's path before the snap--showing exactly where Pickens and Wiggins are lined up and where they are going. Of course, that should not be necessary because this is not Madden with diagrams of route paths and defender drops.

Edit: more specification (bold).
you make the throw based on what you see in the field and how the play unravels. it also follows what the coach calls for.
the coach called for a throw away. why? that's beyond me.

now, you tend to look at the very last picture in the sequence and come to conclusion what had happened before. there is plenty of images I posted that showed the progression and pickens being covered. you chose to ignore. that is your choice.

with that said, given that during that entire play, the CB was looking back at the QB, saw the path of the ball and peeled off because the ball was not being thrown to the WR, then obviously to an untrained eye like yours, it seems hey, look the WR was open. but you have no idea about how it unfolded and what was all behind the play.

regardless, its one play. the game got tied. 7 seconds and our wonderful coaches screwed it up. you think a good team would be able to keep an offense from scoring with only 7 seconds to go. but not this team.

and I have posted pictures of the snap, dak has he was in throwing motion. dak as he released the ball. and then the final picture with ball 5 feet in the air traveling to the back of the endzone which is all you saw.

no need to post pictures.

you have an agenda to drive. drive it. stick to it. but facts are facts and can't be denied. specially when the coach and players also said that the call was for a throw away.
 
That loss had plenty of blame to go around. Everyone from coaches to special teams to offense and defense blew it more than once. There was somehow still a chance to win in the end but more mistakes were made. And again, multiple ones.
too much spin. but go ahead. you like to blame dak. please do. no one is stopping you.
 
Why is he throwing the ball so soon?
see the other images I posted. his hand is cocked for the throw. when he was actually throwing the ball, steele and defender were at his feet.

here is the next frame, ball in mid motion. you notivce where steele is

frame-B.jpg


and then the next frame (took it from another posters comments). you see in less than 10th of a second (figuring it took that long for ball to go from his hand and to where it shows in the image).
steele's feet is in the middle of his feet. the ball already in the air.

Frame-D.jpg
 
You're the only person who didn't see it.

You do not know or understand this game at all.
I guess you are blind. I’m not the only one saying it.

I’ll say it again, when the ball was thrown, Pickens was covered. If Dak had waited a second, he would have probably been open. There is no way you throw that without making sure he’s going to be open. If he had thrown it and it was intercepted, you would have said what a dumb play and Dak is an idiot for attempting it. What part don’t you understand? I do understand your agenda though.
 
You keep adding qualifiers. The ball was thrown too soon and there was no flag for pushing off.
Isn’t that called a strawman argument? What qualifiers did I add? Pickens wasn’t open when the ball was thrown. Period. I agree with the rest. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and maybe you misinterpreted my argument with erod
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,225
Messages
14,673,668
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top