CeeDee Lamb: 46 receptions on 56 targets

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I understand the Cowboys want to spread the football around in order to not be predictable, but Lamb is the number one weapon on this offense and you NEED to manufacture him touches.

It took a while but the coaching staff is finally realizing this.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
For him to be top 10 in yards while not even cracking the top 30 in targets is just stoopid. Kid is ballin.. Sign him now or forever regret not having done so.
The only thing that scares me about him is he hasn't shown up much in big moments in big games. I know there are limitations in the backfield but still would like to see him show up in big situations.

Thomas82

Reaction score
For him to be top 10 in yards while not even cracking the top 30 in targets is just stoopid. Kid is ballin.. Sign him now or forever regret not having done so.
That's what makes his numbers all the more impressive. I don't see how so many people don't consider him a top-tier receiver.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think MM has finally figured out how to use him. You can feel the chemistry developing between him and Dak. See other 88s........Staubach/Pearson, Aikman/Irving, Romo/Dez.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
He has turned out to be a good WR, and it is so much fun to watch him run for YAC. I had my doubts about him when he was dropping so many balls those first couple of years. I really didn't think he had this in him - we needed him to become that guy, and he has.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He has

Idk where this myth comes from
Agreed I seem to remember thinking to myself he was basically one of the few guys that did show up. I am going by memory but I do not have that opinion of him at all. Diggs did not show up then help out for more money and is now gone. Lamb showed up and now he is crushing it on a rookie deal.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's what makes his numbers all the more impressive. I don't see how so many people don't consider him a top-tier receiver.
That 82.1% catch rate is #1 among starting receivers in the league. That kid is money.. McCarthy would be a complete idiot not to come to him more. I think Dak has figured it out that's for sure. What is it 22? targets the last two games? That's like a 180+ target pace for the season. That's how you should use your #1 receiver.. Let us hope it stays that way for years to come.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dude has been fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Should have been extended long before Diggs.
Stop saying this.

There's no way CD was ever going to sign an extension before this coming offseason. It was never going to happen. He would be stupid to do that.

817Gill

Reaction score
The only thing that scares me about him is he hasn't shown up much in big moments in big games. I know there are limitations in the backfield but still would like to see him show up in big situations.
What? Did you not see him single handedly be the only offensive force verses the niners last year?

Let’s stop trying to just make stuff up and accept he’s one of the best.

817Gill

Reaction score
Stop saying this.

There's no way CD was ever going to sign an extension before this coming offseason. It was never going to happen. He would be stupid to do that.
People act like players want to sign the day they are eligible.

Guys who are in line for top of the market deals don’t try to sign early lol. I’m sure Stephan wanted to sign him as soon as he could, it would just make 0 sense on Lamb’s part. He’d easily miss out on 8-10M AAV.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
People act like players want to sign the day they are eligible.

Guys who are in line for top of the market deals don’t try to sign early lol. I’m sure Stephan wanted to sign him as soon as he could, it would just make 0 sense on Lamb’s part. He’d easily miss out on 8-10M AAV.
Lol yea.

There's a reason there's no precedent for it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So this is the CD appreciation thread? I'm in. The guy has done very well and definitely taken over the no. 1 spot on the WR crew. He does have playmaker abilities too.

Then again all guys who got some targets did well this Sunday so let's be honest here, the Rams made it kinda easy. Show it next Sunday and they're legit. We have owned the Eagles quite often over the last couple of years so a win is definitely within reach.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So this is the CD appreciation thread? I'm in. The guy has done very well and definitely taken over the no. 1 spot on the WR crew. He does have playmaker abilities too.

Then again all guys who got some targets did well this Sunday so let's be honest here, the Rams made it kinda easy. Show it next Sunday and they're legit. We have owned the Eagles quite often over the last couple of years so a win is definitely within reach.
Yes they did but the Eagles secondary just gave up 400 yards and 4 TDs to Sam Howell. They aint exactly scary either. They get bailed out by their ferocious pass rush. If they don't get home they get lit up.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Stop saying this.

Meh I don't think you know what you are talking about. Guys do it all the time if the offer is right. By all rights CD should be holding out. The fact that he is even playing on that foolish rookie contract speaks volumes about him. I have no doubt that he would have signed an extension if we would have offered him the kind of money he is worth.